Talks of the Wedding

Começar do início

"I..." I trailed off, looking at Draco.

"I don't know. Soon." He answered for me. We hadn't discussed that. Actually, we didn't really get to discuss anything after I said yes. "A couple monthes?"

"You cant' plan a wedding in a couple monthes." I told him. "Trust me."

"Yeah, but Mum said that she would plan it, didn't she? Don't underestimate the power of my mother. She could probably have it ready in a week if she wanted to." 

"Who's going to be your maid of honour?" Gregory changed the subject. That was a good question.

"I don't know. I don't have friends..."

"Yes you do. You have me!" Gregory pointed to himself.

"And you have Gilderoy!" Draco added, "And your friends from Group Session!"

"No, they all hate me..." I informed. Their smiles didn't faulter.

"Well, then. You have Sarah Beth. She likes you. And, um..." Gregory trialed off, unable to think of anymore.

"Virgo and Orion.?" Draco offered. I shook my head.

"I don't think they count. Lets face it: All of my friends either hate me now, or are dead." 

"Don't say that." Gregory started. 

"We like you. And I'll make sure Gilderoy is in there, somewhere. And You should ask Sarah Beth to be your maid of honour."

"Fine." I sat down on Gregory's bed and crossed my arms. I wasn't liking where this converksation was going.

"Don't be like that. She has been your friend all of these years, if you liked her or not. She saved you durring the Battle, and she tried to wind your case against Rita Skeeter. Whether you like it or not, Sarah Beth is your best friend and she deserves to be your maid of honour."

"Fine." I said again. "Take me there today, and I will ask her."

"You mean, you actually want to tell her that soon?" Draco asked.

"If I don't, the two of you will just bug me until I do." I Pointed out. Gregory nodded.

"We probably would."

"Okay. How about I take you after your nap?" Draco offered. 

"That sounds fine." I replied, and then said nothing else about it.

......................................................

Draco decided it would be better to Floo there than to Apparate. So, after my nape we went through the fireplace, into her very pink house. I had only been there a couple times, and that was back in my fourth year. Dolores Umbridge was sitting on the sofa in the sitting room, reading. She jumped when we came out of her fireplace. 

"Why, hello, Miss Snape. Mister Malfoy. Are you here to see Sarah Beth?"

"Yes, actually." Draco answered for me. Umbridge put her book down and called down the hallway. 

"Sarah Beth, pumpkin. You have Campany!" 

"Coming!" We heard Sarah Beth's Cockney accent call back, and her footsteps pattering down the hall. 

She emerged, still in her pajamas. She had on a pair of pink pajamas, and her hair was a curley mess, almost like a mane. Her eyes brightened when she saw us, and she quickened her pace.

"Ellie!" She threw her ams around me. I stifened and pulled away from her, cluching onto Draco. "What are you doing here?"

"We have some news for you." Draco started for me. He looked over, waiting to see if I would continue. "Do you want to tell her Elle?"

"Um... Draco and I are getting married..." I quietly said. Sarah Beth gasped.

"Really!?" She let out a happy squeal. "I am so happy for you! When did this happen!? I want to see the ring!" She grabbed my hand and looked at the silver rings. She let out another one of those squeals. "It's so pretty! Draco, it's so pretty! I'm just so happy for the two of you!" 

"Congradulations." Umbridge said from the couch, which she had made her way back to. "When is it?"

"We don't know yet. A couple monthes." Draco explained for the second time that day. She nodded, and Sarah Beth, yet again, squealed. 

"I am so happy you came to tell us!"

"We have something else we want to tell you, though." Draco pushed me forward a bit. I took a breath, gathering my thoughts. If she made me this uncomfortable now, I couldn't imagine how she would be after I told her she was going to be my maid of honour. Still, I had to. I took another deep breath and gathered up my courage. 

"I want you to be my maid of honour." I finally said. 

"AHHH!" As I expected, she squealed again. I flinched and covered my ears. Draco noticed this and put a hand on my back.

"Um, Sarah Beth. Can you please be a little quietier?" He asked. She noticed my distress and tried to quiet herself.

"I'm sorry. Ahhh!" She did the squeal again, only softer. That was a little better, I guess. She stepped to hug me, and then stopped herself. "Thank you so much, Ellie! I feel so honoured! What colours are you going with? What will my dress look like?"  All the questions were bringing on a new wave of anaxiety. I felt tears starting to prick behind my eyes.

"We don't know any details yet" Draco tried to stop her. "All we know is that we are getting married soon. Right, Elle?" He turned to me and I nodded. "We will telll you what you need to know when we know a little more ourselves. Alright?" 

"Okay!" She seemed happy with that. "Thank you so, so, so much!" 

"You're welcome." 

"Draco, we should go home. I need to, um... I need to feed Orion." I lied. I just wanted out of there. I was glad she was happy, but she was starting to give me a head ache along with all of the anxiety. Her grin didn't faulter.

"Okay. I'm just so happy! Bye! Have a good day!"

"Thank you, we will." Draco answered for us.

"Goodbye." Umbridge grabbed her book and opened it back up. Draco gave her a nod of farwell and grabbed my hand. 

"Bye." He said to everyone, then Disapparated, taking us back home.