Chapter 2

"You know, I so would go out with her." he murmurs as the door shuts behind Debrah 

"Keep away from her!" Elizabeth snarls at him across the room.

He would not be able to interact with Debrah in any way, as he doesn't exist but Elizabeth can't help being protective over her manager and reacting to his every insensitive, arrogant words that pours out of his mouth.

"Try stopping me Lizzie. How can you resist this?" He pulls the collar of his black leather jacket up, giving his best player face, winking and shaking his eyebrows up and down. 

Elizabeth rolls her eyes crossing her arms over her chest and back straight, as she perches on the bed and looks away in disgust.

How could I make up this thing? What is wrong with me? Why the hell can I not get rid of it, now? Ignore it Liz, it will vanish as it came. 

"So you're not talking to me now? Fine then don't. I am perfectly happy listening to the sound of my own beautiful, masculine voice." 

More like raspy. Out of all the creatures I could have imagined from my twisted head, I came up with this obnoxious thing. What did my mother feed me as a kid? 

Elizabeth lays on her bed, shutting her eyes and pulling the sheets over herself. She rolls to the side facing the startling, white wall.

"You know, intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair, maybe that's why this black mane here is so shiny because I have so many metals in here. Do you know, how I'm such an intelligent being, does that mean because I have more metals in my hair I could conduct electricity? That would be so cool. Just imagine all the things I could do, if I could conduct electricity. It would be so easier to charge my phone, instead of running around looking for a socket, I could just attach the phone lead to my hair. Obviously I would need-" 

"Shut up, now! You don't exist, how the hell are you still talking? Just leave me alone." Elizabeth abruptly sits up again,cutting him off mid-sentence. He is now sitting on the edge of the sink, legs swinging back and forth childishly. 

"Oh so you wanna talk to me? Besides, why are you still banging on about that I'm not 'real'?" He grins with eyebrows, using air quotes for emphasis.

"Because you're not real. People usually think in their heads but because I made you up, I'm basically thinking out loud to the image I have managed to project out from my brain."  

Gosh, how crazy  that sounded.

Elizabeth can't seem to get over, how things have reeled out of control. She used to be the sensible and mature one in her group of friends. The sober one on nights out, the listener when one of her friend's got their hearts broken, the adviser on relationships. Most of all she was supposed to be the most put together friend, the one that has her head screwed on straight. 

Look at her now. He came and destroyed her, making her unravel, within a matter of a few weeks. There was only a certain amount of time Elizabeth would last, before she cracked when you can see something that no one else can see is haunting you. She has only now realised, how much people think 'seeing is believing' and if you can't see it, then it is not real. They couldn't see him, so they didn't believe her. 

"Yeah that totally makes sense. So you're telling yourself to shut up. Why do you think I'm not real anyway? I thought I made it plenty clear, that I'm here." He once again decides to approach this tiring subject.

"Because no one else can see you, therefore you don't exist. Simple." Elizabeth brings her legs up curling into them, leaning her forehead on her knees.