Chapter 1

"Come on, break out! Break out! Break out!" He childishly chants insistingly, leaning against the white walls.

"No go away!" Elizabeth instantly clamps her hands over her ears, rolling towards the wall on the white sheets of the metal bed. She curls into herself to ignore the imaginary voice.

Maybe if I ignore him, he will leave.

Sometimes it's just better to ignore the problem, especially if it is a twenty-something man that looks like he has just stepped out of Grease, the musical. His dark raven hair sleeked back, well worn leather jacket, a green t-shirt expanding over a large chest, dark jeans tucked in to deadly-looking boots. 

"Why not? Come on sweet, sweet Lizzie." He soothes.

Elizabeth can feel him inching further towards her causing her breathing to hitch, as she begins to internally panic.

This room is not big enough for the both of us, well it is but there needs to be a large amount of space between us. Why isn't anyone coming into the room? He's stepping closer and I can't move any further without smashing against a white wall. Please go away. What am I going to do?

The man continues to inch forward and Elizabeth's thoughts continue to turmoil. He can see from the quivering muscles of her back and her thundering heart beat, that he is making her feel uncomfortable. But he doesn't care, instead a smirk slides on his face.

The only way to convince her, that he exists is to continue to haunt her. It doesn't bother him if someone happens to come into the room they would not be able to see him anyway, just a twenty-three year old woman cowering on the rehab's bed. Highlighting the fact that she requires professional help, urgently.

"But I don't like it here. It's so boring. There's only a bed and a sink here. Can we please go!" He wails. Pleading with his most annoying voice, grating on Elizabeth's nerves.

He knows how to act to get a reaction from her. It is cruel but he can't help himself, she is so entertaining.

Elizabeth shields her ears more tightly, shrivelling into herself further but the hallucination's voice continues to penetrate deeper. Elizabeth's heart accelerates, heightening her confusion and the fear consuming her.

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? YOU DON'T EXIST. YOU ARE JUST FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION. THIS IS WHY I'M IN THIS BLOODY REHAB!" The words rip out of Elizabeth's throat in frustration.  

She pounces from the bed, hands curled up and breathing hard, no longer being able to control all the emotions inside her so they explode from her lean figure.

There is a few seconds of silence before it's destroyed when he speaks, gruffly.

"If I'm not real? Now, how can you hear me and feel me, dear Lizzie?"

Stepping towards her, he reaches to touch her arm. There's challenge in his voice as he tries to convince her once again that he is real, like he has been doing for the past two weeks. He isn't going to give up. He is used to this and has patience as well as age before him, unlike the scared girl standing in front of  him.  

"What are you then, a freaken' ghost, huh? Is that why no one can see you?" She demands, hysterically. 

"Oh wow! Is that you actually considering me other than something from your imagination? We're finally making process! No, I'm not a ghost. Nice try Lizzie. I'm something more that a dead person floating around." he laughs callously.

"You know what? You're just full of  bullshit. I know you aren't real, just an image that I some how managed to conjure up but now I can't seem to get rid off. The medics better hurry up and pump me up with drugs so this apparition I have created of you can just vanish and I can get my life back." she hisses anger blazing in her emerald eyes.