Joker emerged from inside of his office. His newest plan all drawn out. All his clients on board. The city was his after all. Not in the light of the day but at night the city was his. Behind all the dark alleyways, secret clubs and underworld he run it all. All in the views of entertainment. He was a big believer of putting on a good show. He was a thespian at heart, a trickster a illusionist. An anarchist. People wanted peace in the world but they didn't want it to change. You couldn't have balance without chaos and oh how he liked to tip the scale, take the balance into his own hands. Others had tipped the balance of the scales throughout all his life. It didn't matter if he was a good man or not. Power wasn't merciful or forgiving. Power was a weapon to be used. It could bring you your deepest desires but also take them away.
As joker slumped his way down the hall, his hands rubbing tirelessly across his face. His body adorning his bloodied shirt from earlier. His sleeves rolled up. Dress pants hanging low on his hips his feet bare. He was home after all. His tired eyes landed on the silhouette of a familiar silver haired girl who'd come accustomed to his home. Her hair spilling to just past her shoulders. He'd almost forgot she'd cut it short. Her ambiguous attempt of proving something to herself he thought when she first done it. Attempting to walk past her sleeping form he let out a defeated groan as he pinched the bridge of his nose. His hand running through his dulled green locks. His arms reaching out lifting the small girl into his arms. Her form slumping comfortably against his chest. Small snores leaving her plump likes. A trait she'd gained from her mother. His eyes rolling as he carried her towards her room. Her door still creaked open enough for him to open it without disturbing her. He lay her sleeping form onto her silk sheeted bed the covers drawn back inviting the sleeping girl in. She shifted as she felt the softness beneath her snuggling deep into the pillow below her. The blanket being pulled to cover her form. He ignored the scattered pictures in their torn form tossed  into the trash can beside the door. Hastily making is way out glancing back before quietly shutting the bedroom door sneaking back into his own.
The old grandfather clock chiming softly into the waking dawn.

" Harder." Johnny commander as Scarlett performed her routine punches on the pads that Johnny held in his hands. " You're pulling your punches." He drawled in his bored monotone voice. " what's on your mind." He said grasping Scarlett fist as she attempted to throw another upper cut. Her hair falling in her face as stepped back from their little boxing session. Something the two used to let off steam. It was a bonding activity of there's. "Nothing. Can we focus please." She said adjusting the wraps on her hands, her painted black nails tucking her hair out of her way before adjusting her stance. Her shoulders relaxing from moving more fluidly as she begun her next sequence of punches. " You know you can talk to me Scar, this is a open space—." A scoff leaving Scarlett lips that began to tug upwards into a smirk. " Yes a very open space." Her eyes sparkling with mischief. " What are you my therapist now Johnny." The two staring at one another amused as they began to bicker. " Therapist? I was thinking more of a friend?" His words forming into mocking offence. An amused smirk on his face as he abandoned the routine sequence pulling the two into unknown territory. " Ahh yes, the right hand man to the man who builds up 50% of my DNA how original." Scarlett ducked positioning herself into a squatting position as she threw her arms back into a back hand spring creating some distance between the two.
Johnny wasted no time in waving his hand at the young girl for round two. Her punches harder, faster. The determined glare in her eyes fuelling the fire inside her as she bounced on the balls of her feet. " beggars can't be choosers." Johnny enclosed fist landed a harsh hit onto the young girls chest causing her to wince as she stumbled for breath. " Really. The boob." Her lips smirking in disbelief. "Low blow." Johnny eyebrows furrowing in amusement as he waited for his bosses daughter to throw another punch. " That'll teach you to throw your punches. Now spill what's up something bothering you." Scarletts eyes rolled to the side as she was fed up of the conversation. Frustration building within the pit of her stomach as he continued to pry on the topic. Scarletts fist was draw back backhanding Johnny with one swipe of her wrist, he either counteracting that move hitting him sharply in the left side of his chest knocking his balance. Leaving him to cough out a splutter of breath as he tried to regain his balance and breathing. Scarlett leg flying out as she dropped to the ground swiping it underneath his knees. A weak spot of Johnny's knocking him to the ground. " Like I said before. Nothing is on my mind." A smirk plastered across her face. Small droplets of sweat falling across her forehead letting a few strands of her hair stick to it. Johnny lay winded letting out a small laugh as he lay there sprawled on the floor.
The sound of a pair of clapping hands broke the twos laughter as Scarletts eyes landed on the figure lingering in the door way. Two water bottles tucked under his arm. " Getting sloppy Johnathan?" The humorous voice of Grayson chimed tossing Scarletts a water bottle which she took gracefully pulling the cap from the top chugging down the bottles contents. " Please. We was only having some fun right Scarlett." Johnny was now standing to his feet accepting the water from Grayson in a sort of half sided hug. The two patting one another on the back. " Of course. Although you are getting quite slow old man." She teased throwing him a playful glance sticking her tongue out between her teeth. " I'd put that tongue back in your mouth before this old man cuts it out." His amusement ringing in the twos ears causing Grayson to scoff glancing to his feet. " You'd have to catch me first—." "Oh believe me—."
"Alright you two we get it he should be in a museum and you a nursery now can we get down to business." Grayson said giving the two a playful glare the smile on his lips never faltering as the two elbowed one another in the ribs. "And that would be..." Johnny asked tossing his empties water bottle into the bin. "Boss wants you. Says it's of importance." Johnny nodded about to make his way from two. " Also Scarlett how would you feel about a night out tonight?" The young man asked hopefully the hope-fullness in his eyes evident to anyone in the room. Grayson didn't exactly hide it well. " Gee-Grayson I would but—." She drawled moving her hand behind her neck moving away the strands of hair that began to stick. " I don't thin—." "Yes, she'll go." Johnny interrupted throwing the two teenagers a cheeky smile. Scarletts narrowed eyes burning into his own. " What? You need to get out more kid. Besides live a little plus it'll distract you from whatever that thing is that's bothering you." He smirked before making his way out of the door. " I said nothings wrong." She shouted warning a "whatever." In response.

"So is that a yes?"....