F o u r t e e n

F  O  U  R  T  E  E  N

「  F  O  U  R  T  E  E  N  」

:

The warmth of Jake house seemed to calm my nerves that danced upon my very skin, that plagued my head making my stomach twist as i hesitated stepping foot in his home.

It didn't take long for Mrs Hernandez to pull me into one of her famous hugs and for his father to send a brief head nod in my direction.

Jake attempted to lead me towards his room but his mother sunk her fierce claws into us directing us to the lounge.

" Scarlett honey i read all about the raid, i'm so sorry about your aunt. If you ever need anything-." Mrs Hernandez sympathised resting a hand upon my shoulder squeezing it gently.

" Read?" i asked rather confused glancing from both Jake and her cutting her off from finishing her sentence.

Jakes father slid forward the newspaper that rested on the coffee table, turning to the page with the article. A saddened glimmer in his eyes.

The headline was clear as day.

House Raid Gone Wrong, Adoptive mother Suicide.

My hands began to tremble as my eyes read each line. Each detail making my stomach twist, my hearing becoming numb as i felt my heart begin to throb in my chest. The need for more oxygen in my lungs becoming more fierce burning my chest as my eyes began to grow blurry. The watery pools in my eyes overflowing as i tried to blink them away.

Suicide. They're calling her death a suicide. They framed her. They made it look like she killed herself. They even left a sickening note.

My stomach twisted as my body felt numb, my hands trembling as i scrunched up the news paper.

" Sweetheart i know it's hard to hear of it but your aunt was just troubled. She may of never showed it to you bu—."

" It's a lie."
My teary eyes met Mrs Hernandez and Jakes.
" She didn't kill herself—." my words tumbling out as i lost the ability to speak, the tears becoming to much. Mrs Hernandez rushing to my side rubbing soft small circles in my back, Jake to my right holding my hand as. i stared at the floor.

" You can stay here until you sort something out. I'll have David sort the spare bedroom out for the night so you can sleep in there."

I didn't pay attention to her words. I could only focus on the lies. The lies that they'd fed the media. They faked it all. The raid, the suicide.