T h r e e

T H R E E

「  T H R E E  」

:

" Scarlett—Honey look at me ok.."

My eyes pooling with the salty tears of the ocean. The fear getting to me. It was becoming difficult to breathe.

" Honey. Keep your eyes on me—."

"How sweet of you Hayley—trying to comfort the child you've put in danger. What a terrible mother you are." The Fiend of a man scoffed tightening his grip on the blade pressed against the vein on my neck.

" Come on Hayley hand over Harleen here." He mocked as he scoffed as he said the blonde woman's name. " No harm will come to the child if you hand her over."

" You're full of shit. You would harm the Sc-the child anyway if I was to come willingly or not." Harleen spat stepping forward still holding her gun up.

"Well aren't you smart Harls. But I wasn't talking to you was I." A wicked grin grew on his face as I began to wince.

The blade presses further into my skin, the searing burn of my flesh slowly beginning to separate began to come to much. A strangled cry left my mouth as my teeth began to bite through my bottom lip.

"Please. Please stop. Harls I'm sorry but I can't—you can't let him hurt her—you can-." Aunt Hayley wailed in a panic as tears began to spill from her eyes. Her hand clutching the blondes gun, averting her gaze to my aunt.

The two stood in an intense battle of wits, stating each other down.

Harleen's gun lowered falling to her side.

"You win. I'll come with you."

" I knew you'd change your mind Harls. Follow my friend here out to the car would you."

My body was harshly thrown forward, my feet falling underneath me as I collapsed into my aunts arms. She stood cradling me like a small child as she examined my face and the small cut on my neck. The drying blood no longer escaping the seems of my neck.

"Move" a dark voice commanded as my aunt began to walk forward with me in her arms.

It wasn't until I felt the cold barrel of the gun reach the back of my head that he meant me.

I whimpered looking into my aunts fearful eyes. The reflection of the guys face holding the gun was burning into my mind.