T e n

T E N

「  T  E  N  」

:

The Warehouse—

I opened up the car door hesitantly stepping out into the salty rotten air of the docks.

I hadn't noticed it before but Harley was wearing black skinny jeans, a white blouse and a black Blazer with black heels to match. The outfit complimenting her figure nicely. You'd almost mistake her for a average business woman, her normal self before all this.

Harley walked towards the door that we went through. Her heels making there usual sound against the concrete floor. The taunting click of her arrival.

We walked through into the elevator. The lights flickered a little making me nervous. The memory's of the first time in this elevator flickering in my head like a candle.
The shutter doors slowly opened shaking me from my fears. Harley walked out first and walked over to where Joker was stood. His back to us, surrounded by some men who's faces I couldn't see.

I slowly followed after her, my feet shuffling on the ground. My phone vibrating caught my attention; texts off Jake. I staring at them making guilt rise into my veins, a one way ticket to my heart making it bleed. I looked up, throwing myself from the guilt that enchanted me, beckoned me to forgive him to see Jokers arm sling loosely around Harley's waist.

" Your Joking right? " I rolled my eyes, anger beginning to burn in my lungs. Each cell of my body screaming to turn away from the duo and not look back.

" Honey? Just listen please..." Harley pleaded.
I turned to face her with a blank expression. My eyes showing no sign of respect for her or that monster beside her.

" No." a word so simple yet so powerful.
The word that could change anything in your life within a split second.
" I'm having a really bad day. I really don't need this to crap on my parade."

Jokers smirk was growing wider. His eyes narrowed like the perfect predator. But that is indeed what he is. The perfect predator.
Harley had a upset expression plastered upon her face. I rolled my eyes and spun around on the heel of my shoe.

I am not falling for any of this. I refuse to be hurt, I refuse to be manipulate and conned. I'd rather them kill me.
As I was about to step forward plotting my grand exit there was a flesh wall in front of me blocking me from leaving. Great—

" Hey fancy seeing you here"

The chipper voice of Jerome Valeska made my stomach twist into a frustrating knot. Out of all the fools he brought The Joker would bring him, his newest asset, his new protégé.