T h i r t y T w o

T  H  I  R  T  Y T  W  O

「  T  H  I  R  T  Y  T  W  O  」

:

Another life taken by the man with the bright luminous hair and not one person was phased.

" You killed him!"

"Blah blah blah blah." Joker began rolling his head back, his arms swaying by his sides as he stalked towards me from behind.

"How—." Joker ringed fingers roughly clasped my forearm forcing me to my feet. "Let's go." He growled before forcefully shoving my arm forward ordering me to walk.

Without hesitation I made my way towards the exit. My chest tightening as I gazed down at the dirty blood on my hands, fingers trembling with every step.

I sat in the passenger seat of Joker sports car. My fingers barely twitching as I stared at the dried blood falling beneath my nails. My eyes wearily casting glances towards him, peaking out the corners as he drove, surprisingly at the speed limit.

" You didn't have to kill that man" I said wearily casting my stare out window at the dimly lit streets. A scoff leaving Jokers mouth, that scoff tumbling into his spine chilling chuckle. " Oh that's funny." His voice showing amusement as his ringed fingers began to drum against the white cream leather of the steering wheel. His head leaning towards me as he spoke once again. " I didn't have to but I wanted to." His grilled smile meeting the brown melted hue of my eyes.

" I've asked you once before but you didn't answer; why do you hurt people? Why?"

I don't know what I'm expecting here, for him to come clean and spill his deepest darkest secrets to me. To what? Have him hand me all the answers or at least some.

But he didn't.

Instead it was a crucifying silent drive through the blanketed night of Gotham.

Until I opened my mouth, his cold eyes looking through the rear view mirror straight through me.

"You never answered my question."

A long pause was humming through the air. His eyes moving to the road in a blank swift motion.
" I don't know how you got it but I swear if you've—." " Here's some advice—Cut that emotional chord now before you really get in trouble."

His words bitter, no remorse in them or a syllable of regret. His eyes trained on the road before the thick air between us was cut.

The shrilling ring of Jokers phone broke the silence between us once again. Joker ignored the shrilling ring, I however did not.