"No way! Just the sound of it..." Lucy shivered.

"I see, you don't seem to understand why it's classified as torture. We start by dipping the soles of the feet in salt water in a fixed position and then a goat will start licking the soles for the salt content. But as time goes by, the barbs on the tongue of the goat will tear through the skin and go to the meat. Even then, the goat won't stop and will keep going..." He explained.

"...." Nastu quieted down.

"That seems to hurt more than I imagined." Happy chocked out.

"So let's try it out?" He started grabbing Lucy's leg.

"Damn it." Natsu growled as the man started tying up Lucy.

"So tell me, who sent you here. Before the feet of this girl are no more." He threatened tying a knot and gagging Lucy. 

"I TOLD YOU!!! WE'RE HERE TO TAKE BACK GRAY!" Natsu yelled.

"Don't make me repeat myself, boy! Gray-Dojo is now our comrade." The man growled dousing Lucy's feet in salt water.

"MMFFF!!" Lucy yelled as he released the goat.

"No, he's our friend! And if he doesn't believe in himself... then we will." Natsu struggled against the restraints.

"SHUT UP!" The man suddenly yelled stretching out Lucy.

"LUCY!!" Natsu yelled.

"What are you going to do?!" Happy cried out. As I began to struggle against the ice restraints Gray put on me.

"WE'RE NOT GOING TO DO THE COW LICKING ANYMORE!! I'M JUST GOING TO SPLIT HER IN HALF!!!" The man yelled holding up an axe.

"STOPPP!!!!!!" Natsu yelled pulling at the restraints.

"Let's see if you still 'believe' in Gray-dono." He swung his axe. Inches before it could hit Lucy the man froze.

"Gray..." Natsu gasped as the restraints started becoming undone for everyone.

"Ah, dammit! All that hard work gone because of you people." He grunted ruffling his hair to it's usual stye, he then began searching for something in is pocket pulling out what he was looking for he pressed a few buttons and put the device to his ear.

"This is a Code Blue. We've got trouble. No... That's not it... Yeah..." He spoke into it.

"The markings." Happy pointed out as they started to disappear.

"I don't know... You talk to him... Yeah." Gray suddenly threw the device to Natsu.

"Put that to your ear." Gray ordered.

"What the hell is this?" Natsu frowned putting it up to his ear.

"Undercover mission?" He then added a we sat criss cross in front of Gray.

"That's right. There's no way i'd join some creepy guild like this anyway. We don't have time so we'll talk while we move." Gray ushered us. We got outside and mounted some jaguars meanwhile Gray explained everything that was going on.

"But man, you didn't even tell Juvia about this? You jerk." Natsu sighed.

"I told him not to. It's always better to have less people know about the mission, as it raises the chance of success. And no one could ever tell... What if she had gotten into trouble over it." Erza explained through the device.

"So it was for Juvia's sake, too." Happy nodded.

"I do feel bad for Juvia. We didn't think the mission would drag out for so long. The situation has changed. It was only supposed to be a scouting mission at first, but then came the whole purification ritual mess." Erza added. They spoke more about the issue and Gray apologized to Lucy about what happened, it was a cheery atmosphere until Natsu spoke up.

"What about Blade?" He frowned. Gray tensed at the sound of my name.

"I don't know what to tell you..." Gray gripped the reigns, clenching his teeth.

"Who is this anyway?" He turned to me changing the subject.

"Ah, she's one of Blade's underlings. She was training to control her power with Blade's help, but along the way Blade left saying her training was finished." Lucy explained making up the story.  

'Man she's good.' 

"Nice to meet you." Gray smiled to which I only nodded back.

"Uhhh..." He blinked.

"She's mute." Lucy butted in.

"Oh." Gray nodded continuing.

....

In a matter of minutes we defeated the whole army and Natsu even managed to destroy the strongest one out of them all, no surprise there, but afterwards Gajeel 'arrested' all of us for dumb reasons because he has the power to apparently.

"This is our victory! So it's time to celebrate it with our cheer!" Erza held up her sword. Everyone jumped up in victory while I stood on the sidelines staring it was going well until... I felt a pulse it went throughout my whole body once, twice, three times. I gasped staring at the woods where I felt it. While everyone was distracted by Frosch I ran.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Natsu exclaimed as I ran. It's there in the woods the main facility I can feel it. I summoned my motorcycle jumping on it as I went along. I ignored the cries of everyone and went on. Halfway through my trip a giant geyser appeared.

"What the..."

"How dumb do you think I am?" A voice behind me growled. I jumped off the motorcycle and turned to look at Gray. I stayed quiet keeping up the act. This only seemed to anger him as he walked up to me quickly pinning me against the ice.

"Tell me!" He cried gripping my wrists.

"..." 

"I see." He sniffled he made an ice cuff against the geyser holding my hands so his now free hands could do what they wanted. His warm hands trailed against my arm before reaching the sides of the mask, slowly he pulled it off to reveal my flustered face. I looked away not knowing what to do or say. He threw away the mask and let my hands go.

"I'm sorry." He hugged me stuffing his face into my neck.

"I'm sorry. I'm such a horrible boyfriend. I should've looked harder, left no stone unturned." He sobbed.

"Gray..." I whispered tearing up.

"I'm sorry." He grabbed my face and pulled me into a passionate kiss. It was better than all the others, this one was full of love, passion, need, loneliness.

"I-I have to go!" I suddenly pushed him off. I jumped on my motorcycle and went all around the Geyser, going faster than before.

'I can't get attached. This is my finale I don't know if i'll make it out alive.' I wiped away my tears speeding up even more if possible. 

'I have to finish this. I can't go back without doing so. The one who tortured me. He didn't die that day at least not physically but this time i'll make sure he's gone.'

◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ ◐ ◑ 

I got chills writing that kiss scene.