Chapter 13

Hamptons p.o.v

I sighed, looking at the hat that sat on my desk. I know staring at it wont help, I know it's not gonna magically talk to me, but if it did I would be relived.

Groaning I picked it up and turned turned it around, flipping it upside down, and shaking it. Ive been doing this for 3 days. And absolutely nothing... Honestly I dont know what else to do, I called Mrs.Todd and she gave me the number to the orphanage she got mistress from. I called the orphanage and they had nothing on her except the date they took her in.

In the corner of my eye I watched a piece of paper fall from the hat. Slowly I placed the hat down and unfolded the paper. It was a cumbled up portrait. A family portrait. My mouth dropped as I looked closer. It was my brothers family portrait. Why would she have this?! Did Sebastian give her this?! To mess with me?!

My eyes drifted down to the little girl. Anita. She smiled brightly with her arms wrapped around alex.

Hampton:"Whats your name sweetheart? "

Mistress:"A...an-"

Sebastian:"Mistress of course..." Was she about to say anita?

Did you have any siblings?

Holy fuck.

I stood up and ran out the room ignoring all the calls I got from the guards. Upstairs I ran straight into the cafe. Once my eyes landed on Anita I rushed over and grabbed her wrist lifting her up.

Anita:"Hey! Let go of me!"

Sebastian:"What are yoh doing?" I pulled her all the way downstairs to my office and closed the door behind Sebastian.

Anita:"If your not going to give me my hat, dont except me to stay!"

Hampton:"Where is he?"

Mistress's p.o.v

Hampton:"Where is he?" He growled walking closer to me. I backed away from him until my back hit the wall.

Mistress:"I dont know, what your talking about." His face softened as he thought for a second.

Hampton:"A-Alex......where is he?" My breath caught in my throat at the mention of his name.

Mistress:"I-i dont know any alex, s-sorry." He fumbled with a crumbled up paper in his hand,  as he tried unfolding it.

Hampton:"I found this in your hat, anita." He said showing my families portrait. "Are you or are you not the little girl in this picture?!"

Mistress:"How do you know my name?" I asked ignoring the question. His eyes watered as he stared me down. I gasped as he suddenly hugged me tightly.

Hampton:"Oh god, anita. We thought you were gone, we thought we lost you. Everyone was a bit effy when they said they couldnt find your body in the fire. And I thought it was a chance you and alex could of escaped,  but after years we gave up. Anita, im so sorry-" I pushed him off me, confused.

Anita:"How do you know who I am?"

Hampton:"Your father,....was my brother. It makes since it all mkes since.....You look so much like him, especially with the hat. He always wore it.....I always thought alex would be the one to wear......alex, wheres alex? Do you know?"

Alex.....I could still hear the ambulance in the distance as the screamed his name.

"Dont leave me alone, your all I have!"

Hampton:"Anita.....wheres alex?"

Anita:"He died, he died two years ago."

Hampton:"God, god.....how- how did he die?"

Anita:"These boys they wee picking on him so I ran in......he didnt want them to touch me so he told me to go home.....I ran to our hideout and waited.  I waited and waited and I got sick of it. I was running back to go help him, but half way there I found him fighting one of the boys in the street.....alez was on the floor and the boy sat on top of him punching and hitting him.....I was gonna help him, I was, but this car came out of no where.

Anita:"Alex!..."

The boy got off him and pushed him back down..As soon as alex got up it was too late, the car just hit him. I ran in the street and he looke so bad. I didnt know what t-to do. The last thing he said was I love you. I told him....I told him to stay,  I told him not to leave me alone. He was all I had, I would be nothimg without him. He passed out unconscious, in my arms, i couldnt think of anything to do, but scream.  We've been on our own since the fire and now it was just me. The ambulance took him and said he was in a coma. I stayed there for hours, i didnt answer any questions and when I was told leave. I went to on our hideout, but the police found me and took me to an orphanage. "