Chapter XV

A!N Filler chapter, just them getting settled into the new town. Enjoy!

Three Hours Later

"By getting money you really mean stealing money? Seriously!" Ashton shouts, clearly pissed off.

I smile and nod while counting the money, "We have over five thousand dollars on my end." I say happily, "how much did you get?" He also had to get some money, houses aren't cheap.

He grumbles as he counts his money, "Three thousand."

"A small apartment well do. They only cost like six hundred, I'm guessing." He nods in agreement.

"Here, let's look on my phone for some places. But first, let's find a place to sit."

We walk around for the next hour until we found a park with benches. By this time it was filled with children. I smile as I watched the kids play on the playground. Oh how I miss those days.

"Airybel," Ashton snaps me out of my train of thought. I glare at him, but he just rolls his eyes and continues looking on the interwebs. "Here, a three bedroom apartment for five hundred. It costs two hundred a month for the rent, including utilities."

"Sounds good to me. We should go check it out." I smile.

"Here, I'll call the guy who is selling it." He starts typing on hom smartphone and then holds it up to his ear.

"Hello, I would like to check out an apartment you're selling... ooooh, okay... mhm... well, we will be there in two hours then... okay, bye." Ashton hangs up while grinning. "The price was reduced! Also it's in an apartment complex. So, we are going to meet the guy in two hours."

I hop up cheering. Grrr. I look down and I notice I'm hungry. Ashton looks at me and laughs. "Ashton, want to go get some food?" I ask, laughing. He nods as we get up and start followong the directions from his 'smart' phone. I still do NOT trust those things.

We stop at McDonalds since it was on the way there and we were both hungry. Very, very hungry. I got the Bacon ClubHouse while Ashton just got twenty chicken nuggets. On the walk to the apartment, he eat all of them. Unbelievable.

The phone dinged once we were at our destination. I looked up to see a tall building, at least thirteen stories tall. It did look a bit run down, but we need what we can get.

"Okay, let's go." Ashton grabs my hand and goes in through the swirling front doors. I look in awe as the inside looks better than the outside. It was tidy and clean. "Hmm, room 45 on the eighth floor." We go into the elevator with anothet guy, tall, but he had chubby cheeks. It was silent until Ashton spoke to me, "I hope we can get the apartment. I don't feel like being homeless for another night," he says.

"Try three years in a jail cell," I groan. Memories.

"You were in jail?" I nod, knowing I already told him. He took a moment the think then went, 'oooh'.

The other guy in the elevator kept looking at me. I felt uncomfortable, but I kept talking to my friend. I looked over at him to see if he was looking, and he was. Ding. We get off the elevator, exchanging no kore words until we got far enough from it.

"That guy in there was weird," I whisper to Ashton.

"Yah, sketchy. Just ignore it for now, okay? I just really want this home."

"Okay.." I say, unsure if it was a good idea.

"Right here." We stop infront of a door that was cracked open. I went inside first, Ashton second. It wasn't trashy like we were thinking. It was decently clean.