Chapter VII

Five Hours Later

"Thank you, have a nice day," the Taxi man says, speeding away down the gravel road.

Me and June stood infront of the packhouse of this pack. It was huge! A white building with columns in the front. Two sets of double doors and balconys.

"Wow.." I say, astonished, "It is so.. beautiful."

"Let's go inside to great people," he goes up and knocks loudly on the door while straightening his back. A little kid opens the door and screams stranger danger and slams it shut. That was sudden. He knocked once more, ignoring the child and Amka opens the door. My eyes go a bit wide. So he is the Beta of this pack. Why didn't he say anything at the jail?

"Who the hell are you, rogue." he growls crossing his arms.

"I presume you're the new beta of the pack?" June says, keeping his stature. I just stay in the background to where Amka can't see me.

"I've been it for three years. Now who the hell are you-" he sniffs the air, "and who are you with?" A walk to a place where he could see me. He sounds so mean. "A-airybel?" I nod, "how did you get out, and who is this old shit?"

"A jail break happened. Oh, this is June, the cell mate across mine." I notice Amka's eyes go wide and his mouth hangs open a little as he slowly looks at June once more.

"Let me go talk to my Alpha," he rushes up the stairs in a split second. We wait out for a minute before we hear feet stomping around fast down the stairs. A tall, blonde man in a nice suit stands before us in silence before I speak up.

"Hello, Mr Alpha?" I say. He looked very zoned out.

"Oh my lord.. June. Alpha June?" the Alpha says. I turn my head to look at June, Alpha? "I-I thought you died after that war! How are you still alive and wait- why'd you bring a little girl with you? She looks no older than 12," I growled loudly at him. I hate being called a kid just for my height.

June put a hand on my shoulder, "Airybel was the one who did the jailbreak. She and some other guy, helped everyone escape. Also, I was just captured, not killed. Now, I would like to speak to you in private Drake." The Alpha nods and they both head into the house, leaving me and Amka alone together.

"So.." he says.

"Do you have, um, food?" I ask, knowing I haven't eaten in hours. He nods and invites me in.

We sit down in the kitchen on some stools. It was a huge kitchen, just like the house. "What would you like?" he asks, standing up and heading towards the fridge. I take a moment to think. It didn't take me long.

"Whip cream," I say happily. My favorite food, besides blueberries.

He laughs and opens the grudge doors and grabs a bottle of whipcream. I felt like drooling. He hands it too me and I squirt it in my mouth. "Mm- sorry that was rude of me." I say putting the bottle down, embarrassed of my actions.

"Don't worry about. So, how long have you been in that for?"  Amka asks, sitting back down next to me.

"Three years, it felt like forever though and I didn't keep track- so that's just a very rough estimate." I say taking 'sips' of whipcreams.

"Well what year did you thrown in there?"

"2013," I say. Remember the exact day it all happened. I didn't even get a trail, everyone just hated me after that.

"Well, it is 2016, almost 2017. So yes, three years." he says, I nod. So I am 17, it is confirmed. "So, how old are you?" I guess we are playing twenty questions now.

"I'm 17."

"Cool, would you like to go on a run? Get some energy out." Amka asks, getting up, like I already said yes.

"I can't," I say looking away from him, I haven't shifted yet.

"Why not?" curiosity filled his voice.

"Haven't shifted... ever. I have been in silver cuffs since I was 14," my voice cracker, I felt like crying. Im sappose to find a mate when I am 18, how would I tell them I haven't shifted yet. Or if I shift soon, it will hurt so much...

"Oh- wow. Well, I believe you will shift soon. June was able to shift since he is an Alpha."

"I didn't know he was until he said it at the door. I just thought he was a cranky old man." I let out a faint laugh when Amka being laughing out loud, loudly. It wasn't that funny.

"Well, Airybel, would you like to go on a walk at least?" he asks, calming down, but still laughing a little.

"Sorry, but I am really tired. Can you show me a place to sleep, please?" I ask, being completely honest. I couldn't sleep in the Taxi, so I havent gotten rest since being in that jail cell.

"Yup, follow me," I stand up as we walk up two sets of stairs to the third floor. There were only a few doors and we go to the door at the very end. We passed by two giant doors- probably the Alpha's office. I wondered why we were on the third floor since it looked like just the Alpha's. "Here you go," he opens the door and politely let's me in. I thank him and  he walks out.

The room was pretty big, mostly just a greyscale theme. I fall onto the bed and smile, a real bed, I miss these things so much.

Right before I fall asleep there was loud knock on my door, I didn't bother getting up, "Come in..." I say half asleep. Amka walks in holding a t shirt.

"Here, put this on, it should go to youre knees since you're tiny," he laughs and I shake my head.

"I have cloths, in those bags I took out of the Taxi."

"Well, okay, but if you want to here it is," he says placing it down and leaving. I get up and look at it. It looked mighty comfy. Might as well. I stand up and walk over to the shirt. I take off all my cloths and put it on. Mm smells good. I head back to the bed and fall straight into a dreamless sleep.