Solo Partner (NaLu fanfic)

A year after Lisanna's death, Natsu changed, Lucy hasn't arrived at Fairy tail yet, A late comer. Wendy was already there, and so was Juvia and Gajeel. Lucy, on the other hand, decided not to run away and follow her greedy father to his every command.

One morning Natsu was walking to the guild looking serious. He didn't have a group, he went to missions alone. The time Lisanna died he didn't want to get involve with anyone, he became a shut away to everyone. Every guild member has been worried about him. They all had a different solution on how to bring back the old Natsu, but each of it failed harshly as Natsu pushed all those suggestions away, ignoring every hope he has left to let happiness enter his life. Natsu even left Happy. So Happy went to Charles and Panther Lily and all three of them made a group, because of Natsu's condition, he never talked to anyone. He kept his distance from everyone. He has been going on mission after mission as quickly as possible, and for that, he's been the richest man in Magnolia, but he had no one to share his life with. He has become alone.

Natsu looked at the mission board, looking for a difficult request, and finally he found the perfect one. A mission worth 80,000,000 jewels. He thought it was better than any other mission.

He went closer to Mira Jane, having that angry and serious face he always had after Lisanna's death.

"Mira! I want this mission!" Said Natsu to Mira with a sly and serious voice. Mira just smiled and read the mission. Then she looked worried all of a sudden.

"Do you really want to do this one?" She asked.

"That's what I want. I don't want to back out or even to pick another one." He replied seriously.

"But, Natsu, this mission requires a pair. You need to have a partner for this." Said Mira as she hands over the mission to Natsu.

"Partner? Phf! I don't need anyone!" He said as he glares at Mira.

"I'm sorry Natsu, but you can't have this mission without someone with you.."

Natsu sat there, angry, caring at nothing at all.

"But.."

"But?" Asked Natsu, sounding so angry. He's attitude has been like that since, you know?

"But, I could recommend you someone."

"No, thank you." He declined as he waves his hand back and forth in front of Mira in a lazy fashion.

"Come on, she's cute, intelligent and a great Celestial mage. She's a really nice and gentle girl, Natsu, what do you think?" Asked Mira as she smiles at Natsu.

"I go Solo, Mira. Like I said, I don't need anyone." Replied Natsu irritatedly.

"Natsu, you won't find true happiness alone, you need someone else with you to find it." Lectured Mira.

"Mira, I don't need happiness or a partner."

"Her name's Lucy."

"So? What?"

"She needs a fresh new start."

"Why?"

"Because her father and mother died, and she needs to see new faces, forget about her past. She needs someone like you."

"Well, I don't need someone like her." Declined Natsu again.

"I already told her about you. I told her that you'll meet her, you'll find a way to like her some how."

"What?! Mira! How could you do this to me?!" Shouted Natsu loudly at Mira, because of that, everyone's eyes darted to both, Natsu and Mira, but quickly looked away because Natsu glared at them angry, and scarily.

"You can do this!" cheered Mira.

"Fine! Tell her we'll meet Tomorrow in Magnolia square beside the tree at 8:00 in the morning. If she's late I wont go easy on her, and if she doesn't come, forget about everything we agreed about, Oh! And she needs to look suitable for the client." Said Natsu as he stands up from his chair.

"Sure, and what if you think she doesn't look suitable?"

"Then forget about it!" Then Natsu walked out of the guild. Mira smiled and registered the mission, writting these words.

Wizard registered for this request:

Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia.

"Oh! Why don't I make this even more fun." stated Mira under her breath. Then she crossed out the word Heartfilia and wrote Natsu's surname. So the reserved seal looked like this.

Wizards registered for this request:

Natsu Dragneel and Lucy ----------- Dragneel.

Mira smiled and put the request in the drawer with the other ones.

~~~~~~~The next day~~~~~~~~~

Natsu woke up, remembering that he has to meet some trying hard Celestial Wizard he knows nothing about.

He wore a tuxedo and a black tie. Natsu sat beside the tree at the time 7:50. And waited there silently and diligently.

It was 7:58 and no sign of that Lucy girl, thought Natsu impatiently.

Then a stunning beautiful blonde girl that was wearing an elegant blue dress that has a short skirt, with hair that was elegantly fixed in a beautiful bun, sat beside Natsu. Natsu stared at her beauty, to Natsu, it seemed to him that his view of her became slow. Natsu was stunned. For years, nobody has ever caught Natsu's eye nor his attention before the death of his beloved. She turned to Natsu.

"Excuse me, but, are you Natsu Dragneel?" she asked Natsu. He froze there as he listened to her sweet and angelic voice.

Then he suddenly snapped out of her trance, and brought back the unsociable Natsu.

"Yes, are you Lucy Heartfilia?" He asked fiercely like Kyoya Hibari.

"Yes I am." she said gracefully. Lucy extended her hand towards Natsu. Then smiled.

Natsu, again, was stunned and stiffly reached for her hand. Natsu shook his hand, but the second he touched Lucy's hand he didn't shake it, but held it tight.

Lucy giggled softly and swiped her hand away from Natsu's grip. The serious Natsu has blushed for the first time again.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

so? Minna! this is my story, I'm apparently going to finish one of my stories. sorry if it's short, that's just an appetizer of what is yet to come!!!!!

ARIGATOU!! MINNA!! BYE~NÉE!!