Chapter 9|Shopping

Newt

I stepped out of the carriage and took Alice's hand in mine. She smiled up at me and reached up to fix my hair with her free hand.

"Do you guys want to split up? Or stay together?" She looked over her shoulder while she pushed my hair back. She took her hand out of mine gently and finished fixing my hair.

"Let's stay together," Henry yawned. We made our way to a dress shop for the girls first. Alice pulled me around and asked me about dresses. When she finally let go of me, I went to go look for her. I looked out the window and saw a girl. Leta Lestrange was it? She waved and smiled at me.

"So you like this one?" It was a long scarlet dress. "Who's that?" She curiously looked at Leta, giving her a subtle glare.

 "Who's that?" She curiously looked at Leta, giving her a subtle glare

She shrugged, "I'll try it on." She took the dress and went to the changing room. "Do you like it?" She did a small turn.

"Hold on to it," I blushed at her appearance. I found a nice plum colored one while she was changing back. "How about this one?" I liked this one better.

 "How about this one?" I liked this one better

"It's beautiful," she breathed out. She took it and went to try it on. It was stunning on her.

"You're gorgeous," I held her waist and leaned down to peck her. "We'll take this one?"

"Yeah," she smiled at me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alice

Newt picked a beautiful dress. I couldn't help but think about Leta. It was a suggestive smile, and when I looked at her, she mouthed something? She was going to get Newt? Like that's going to happen anytime soon. I walked to the counter to purchase it. "I'll buy it," Newt walked up to me.

"No," I pouted and held the dress closer to me. He chuckled.

"You're cute," he kissed me and subtly paid for it. "There, I paid." He smiled cheekily and we went back to the group. Kayla got a navy blue knee length dress and Caroline got a long black dress with gems on the bottom of the skirt. We went to get the boys' dress robes next. I walked around with Newt for a while.

"I like this one," he picked out a pair of dress robes.

"How about a plain pair and a nice tie," I suggested.

"Sure," he took the set that he picked out and followed me to get a tie. He ended up picking out a tie that matched my dress and I paid for it. He smiled at me cheekily as we made our way to the bookstore. The rest of the group has traveled home and we were still in hogsmeade. "I'll be right back, stay here," he went in and came out with a small brown package. We walked to the quidditch store and I quietly purchased Newt a firebolt and put it in my pouch, that had an extension charm on it. "Ready?" He took my hand and I smiled at him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I smiled to myself while leaning on Newt in his common room. The Hufflepuffs started to file in as they all wolf whistled at Newt. "How'd you manage to pick up a beautiful girl such as her?" He lifted my chin with one of his fingers and I pulled away abruptly. Newt wrapped his arm around me protectivly and told them to fuck off in the nicest way without swearing. They all laughed before walking off.

"I don't deserve you," he leaned his head a top of mine.

"More like, I don't deserve you," I leaned up and pecked him on the lips before smiling and turning my attention back to my book.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, that's that. They got each other's Christmas presents. The style is totally off but I don't care. Votes and comments are much appreciated.

Xoxo

- Alice♡