chapter 3|Hogsmeade

"A butterbeer with a pinch of ginger," he repeated my order as he set my drink down. He set down his own glass of butterbeer and the ginger was visible. "Any suggestions on where to go next?" He asked me.

"The bookshop?" I asked. "And thank you for the butterbeer." He nodded to both things I said. We chatted while we finished out butterbeer and walked out to the bookstore. When I walked in I saw the perfect bookmark.

It was a beautiful silver angel, but when I checked the price, I frowned and put it back

It was a beautiful silver angel, but when I checked the price, I frowned and put it back. I saw Newt do the same to a book as he walked over to me.

"That one's pretty," he pointed to the bookmark I was looking at.

I shook my head, " It's expensive." I walked over and checked the book Newt was looking at and went to the register to purchase it. I stuffed it in my bag and walked back to where he was standing.

"Ready?" He nodded and checked his pocket, letting out a sigh of relief. "Do you want to go back to the castle?" I nodded and walked out into the chilly autumn air.

Time skip brought to you by your lazy        author.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I walked to my room with Newt behind me. I sat down on the bed knowing that he wasn't supposed to be here. Luckily Caroline wasn't here at the moment.

"I have something for you," I told him.

"And I for you," he answered sitting on the bed. I handed him the medium sized package while he handed me a small one. "What is it?" He examined the package curiously. I pulled the string on mine to reveal a small white  box which made me confused, but when I opened the box my eyes went wide and I threw my arms around Newt mumbling consecutive 'Thank you's' into his shoulder. "It wasn't as expensive as you made it out to be," he chucked wrapping his arms around me also.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Newt

It took me by suprised when she flung her arms around me telling me 'Thank you' over and over again. I told her it wasn't that expensive. Although it was. I wrapped my arms around her also bringing her into my lap. She was sitting facing toward me with one leg on either side of me. I blushed at what just happened, turning my attention to the package. I pulled the string to see the series of books I was looking at. It was written about different magical creatures. Ones that you found in America. It cost twice the amount of the bookmark and my eyes widened.

"Alice," I looked up at her. She looked at me with pleading eyes, hoping that I would like it. "I do love it, but it was so expensive!"

"I know," she responded shyly, looking up at me. I stated into her hazel eyes leaning in a little bit. Just as our lips brushed, Caroline walked in.

"Hi Al- Oh my god!" She turned bright red. "I'm sorry." Alice looked down her cheeks tinted pink as were mine. "Can I talk to you Alice?" She nodded and got off my lap moving to walk out of the room.

"I'll be right back," she told me flashing me a reassuring smile.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm so mean. I know. Anyways if you didn't catch on to what he bought her, it was a bookmark. What season is it for you guys?

I'm America it's like turning to winter but still kind of in the fall stage. It snowed one weekend and it was really warm the day before that. It is super weird. Rather than that I had a great thanksgiving break and I am going shopping for cyber Monday.

- Alice 💖