Chapter 7|rejections

Alice

"No," I rejected a Gryffindor who had asked me to the Christmas ball. I was getting annoyed of people asking me, they knew I was dating Newt. "No," I replied expressionlessly to a Slytherin. I was waiting for Newt to ask me to the ball, which he still hasn't done yet. I finally got to transfiguration, where I sat in the back next to Newt and immediately intertwined my fingers with his. He leaned over and pecked my cheek.

"How was your morning love, hm?" He turned to me.

"Horrible," I mumbled back, slamming my head on the table. He chuckled at this and squeezed my hand a little. Then, the professor started the lesson.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I walked with Newt to the kitchens for another of our secret late dinners. He ordered some eclairs and soup, and I was too tired to do anything. I groaned and put my head on the table. He laughed lightly and lifted my chin.

"Are you alright?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Fine," I mumbled back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I walked to lunch without Newt by my side. I've been looking for him all day, and I was starting to get extremely frustrated. I sat down in the middle of Caroline and a chaser and pouted.

"What's wrong?" Caroline turned to me, drawing the rest of the team's attention.

"I can't find Newt, and I really just want to see him," I whimpered. I seriously didn't know where he was and I was getting scared. They all reassured me that he was okay and went back to eating. I sighed when I felt a pair of arms go around my shoulders. Newt rested his head on my shoulder and smiled at me. "Where have you been!" My eyes widened and the whole table looked at us. He blushed a rose color and pulled on my hand.

"Come with me," he pulled me up. "You know I don't like attention. We walked down to my common room and I sat down on the deep blue couch.

"You got me so worried. I was scared that you were hurt or-" he cut me off before I started ranting.

"Go to the ball with me?" He mumbled.

"What was that?" I leaned on his shoulder.

"Will you go t- to the Christmas ball with m- me," he stammered out, face turning red again.

"Well-" I pretended to ponder about it.

"O- or you don't h- have to," he immediately replied, eyes watering.

"Oh, don't cry," I turned to him and buried my face into his chest. "Of course I'll go with you." He immediately smiled.

"Are you sure?" He looked down at me.

"Would I have said yes if I wasn't sure?" I looked at him. He shook his head. "I've been waiting for you to ask me since the headmaster announced it. You don't know how many people asked me to go." I buried my face back into his chest and smiled. I looked up at him, which drew his attention. I smiled and leaned up to give him a small kiss, before wrapping my arms around his torso.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Newt

I stared down at her lovingly. "Tired?" I whispered while running my hand through her long hair.

"Yeah," she replied. She snuggled into me and closed her eyes. A couple minutes later, she was asleep.

"I love you," I kissed her head before falling asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alice

Flash

I groaned and looked up to see Caroline waving a picture in my face of Newt and I sleeping.

"You're so creepy," I told her. "Did I ever tell you that?" My eyes widened to know that most of our house was there too. "Newt?" I called softly.

"Hmm," he yawned. I motioned them away and they all went to breakfast.

"Here," I handed him the picture. He chuckled.

"Who took it?" His voice was deep and raspy, and it was really hot.

"Caroline," I smiled at him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They'll get her back in the next chapter. What did you do for Christmas?

We had our usual family fight. My sister kept butting in and got in trouble multiple times.

- Alice♡♡