Police!Underswap!Papyrus x Theif!Reader

(You r a teen and in the end, Papyrus actually becomes your guardian, just read)

You sighed as you brushed some hair out of your face. Your sister Abby was up like a daisy, about everyday it had been the same. "Hey sis?" Oh no. Abby is gonna ask the same question again. "When is mommy and daddy coming home?" You avoided her questionable look and sighed. "I... I don't know. Listen, I'm gonna get some hot dogs for breakfast." You threw on a leather jacket and some sneakers, somehow they matched your torn up pants and shirt. You hopped out your window and landed on the nearby dumpster before walking down main street. It was raining.

You looked around until you saw a hotdog stand. Your stomach growled until you noticed a cop near the stand. Dang it. Too risky. "(Y/N)!" You turned around and saw Abby running. "Abby?!" The cop saw Abby running to you and you seeing a black van. "Oh shiiiiiii...." You grabbed Abby's wrist and shoved her into an alley, the cop followed curiously to see you trying to hide the girl. "Stay here!" You pulled yourself onto a fence and climbed up a waterdrainage pipe. "Excuse me?" Abby looked up at the skeleton cop. "Was that your sister?" "Yes."

You were trying to find that van until you saw a police car. Just great. "ABBY?!" You ran to the car as Abby stepped out, Papyrus saw the van coming closer as he smoked a cigarette. "What the heck are you doing?!" "This cop was looking for you!" You looked at Papyrus and sighed. "What did I do now?" Papyrus shrugged and pulled out some handcuffs. "Just play along." You crossed your arms and sighed, with your sister here, you couldn't just run off like you usually did. "Fine. You got me." You said after a second of thought, Papyrus putted the cuffs on you as Abby hopped up front again.

You looked at Abby and sighed, the van was slowly going down the street as Papyrus drove towards the police station. "Where are we going?" Abby asked, Papyrus looked at you through his mirror and at the girl. "Just going to see if I have the two (l/n) girls." You perked, your parents were looking for you? You noticed Abby looking confused, you couldn't say anything, you were technically 'arrested'. "You know," you saw Papyrus looking at you through his mirror "you can talk. It's legal to talk, ya know." You couldn't help but smile at his little tease.

"How... how long have you been looking for us?" You asked, Papyrus thought about it and said "a few years." You sighed. This was going to be a long day.

At the police station, a rich couple were waiting as you and Chara were brought in. To Papyrus, you looked p*ssed to see these two. "AFTER FIVE YEARS, NOW YOU COME BACK?! NOW?!" Papyrus had to hold you back before you punched or harmed your own parents. "YOU LEFT US TO DIE!" Your parents had a half 'yeah thats true' and a half 'wtf' face. Abby stayed back as you yelled at your parents. "YOU... You... you left us..." Papyrus slowly letted you go as you started to cry, everything you said was child endangerment. "If this is true..." Papyrus took off your handcuffs and got another pair. "Then you are both under arrest for child endangerment." You rubbed your wrists as Abby walked over to you, you were actually very pleased to see your parents in handcuffs.

"What now?" Abby asked, you shrugged until Papyrus walked over. "Come on. You guys can stay with me."

- 3 months later -

You smiled as Abby drew on Papyrus's face, you had just got done putting whip cream on his hand. "WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" Papyrus shot up, smacking whip cream on his face and seeing you and Abby laughing your heads off. "You're under arrest for insulting the law!" Papyrus said playfully, you and Abby ran as Papyrus chased you throughout the apartment. You snickered as Abby yelled the one thing that made you forget your past.

"Catch us if you can!"