Delivery

Hey guys! So since I got a lot of comments that said I should continue this story, I'm going to! Remember to comment because the feedback always helps!

If anyone has any ideas for where they think I should take this story please let me know, I'd love to hear! I hope you guys like this chapter, and as you can see from the picture, you're about to meet the newest member of the Jones family! 😊

2 months later...

Emma's POV

Killian and I had gotten back from our honeymoon about 3 weeks ago. We would've stayed longer, but didn't think it was a good idea with me being so close to delivery. It had been the main reason we hadn't traveled too far for our honeymoon in the 1st place.

New York had been absolutely amazing. There had been so much to see. The Statue of Liberty, Central Park Zoo, Rockefeller Center. Not to mention there were tons of boutiques and stores to shop in, and dozens of restaurants to dine at.

We'd spent a lot of time just staying in our hotel room, too though. Our suite had a jacuzzi, so Killian and I took full advantage of that. And the room service had been amazing. The first night we'd gotten complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

I, of course, didn't have any champagne, but did stuff my face with the strawberries. I'd encouraged Killian to drink it since he was the only who could, but he'd refused. He'd told me that it wouldn't be fair to drink it when I wasn't allowed to. Always the gentleman.

Of course, he knew that his dorky adorableness turned me on, so I had my suspicions that he'd done that for reasons that weren't so gentlemanly. My husband was no dummy.

I'd been extremely happy that Ed had allowed Killian almost a month of vacation time. Even though Ed could be extremely obnoxious at times, he'd been very understanding and kind to Killian when he was still healing from the accident and throughout my pregnancy.

In fact, Killian had already gotten promoted, which came along with a salary raise. I'd bumped into Ed a couple times when I would drop Killian's lunch off, and he'd told me that Killian had quickly become one of his best, most hardworking employees.

Ed also seemed to like that Killian stuck up for himself and wasn't intimated to participate in his ridiculous pranks. And I might've bragged that I taught him that. Killian rolled his eyes and called me a brat when I'd told him.

I'd started maternity leave once I entered my 3rd trimester. If it were up to me, I would've kept working right up until the baby popped out, as Killian had sassed. And considering how stubborn I was, he was probably right.

He'd insisted that I needed to be on bedrest. Even through I'd never admit it, I was glad he'd put his foot down on it, because this trimester had been worse than the other 2.

My ankles were extremely swollen, which made it even harder for me to walk, my spine was very sore from carrying the weight of my belly and my boobs, which were almost as big as my tummy itself. Not to mention, I was extremely tired all the time now. Even getting up to pee wore me out.

It was the beginning of April and the baby was due in the next few days. Our little one was expected to grace us with his or her presence on the 8th, but the doctor said it could be sooner.

To be honest, now that we were down to the last few days, I was starting to become a little nervous. It was finally starting to sink in that I was going to be a mother. There was a living, breathing baby growing inside of me. And Killian and I were going to be fully responsible for taking care of and raising it.