Realizations

Thanks to all my new readers! Feel free to start commenting on chapters! I'd love to hear your guys opinions!

Emma's POV

Killian spent all of last night calming me down and telling me to not let my temper get the best of me when I confronted Milah. So when I walked into school and saw Milah by her locker, I thought of him to calm my nerves and make me think rationally before approaching her.

It seemed to work. Now as long as she didn't piss me off it would continue to stay that way and we wouldn't have any problems.

I cleared my throat to get her attention. "Mind if we talk?"

She looked over at me and rolled her eyes. "I'm guessing lover boy blew me in first chance he got? So what, you're here to pound my face in for hitting on your boy toy?"

"As much as your face is in need of some extensive work, that's not why I'm here," I sassed. "I can't blame you for doing what you did. My boyfriend, not my boy toy, is pretty incredible. I probably would've done the same thing if the tables were turned."

"If anyone needs work done it's you, blondie," Milah retorted. "So you're saying it doesn't bother you that you've got some competition for Killy Bear's affections? That doesn't sound like the Emma I know."

"That's because you don't know me," I disagreed, trying to fight the urge to knock out her teeth for using one of my pet names for Killian. "Of course it bothers me that I have to deal with your skanky ass making a move on my boyfriend. But it doesn't worry me. My competition isn't that impressive."

"Oh, so you admit that I'm the competition? I thought Killy only had eyes for you," she taunted.

"If you listened to something other than the annoying sound of your voice, you would've heard me say I'm not worried," I spat. "Because, as you just pointed out, Killy only wants me. I think he made that pretty clear to you yesterday. But I'm happy to repeat the message."

Milah's eyes narrowed as she crossed her arms over her chest. I couldn't help but smirk. I couldn't imagine a better way to start my day off than by pissing this bitch off.

"We'll see about that," she threatened. "He might be yours for now, but that could change very easily. One day he'll wake up and realize that instead of waiting around for you to give him what he wants, he can just come find me."

She shoved me out of the way as she headed towards the science wing.

"Ugh," I groaned in frustration as I dramatically let my head sag against my locker. "Ow," I hadn't meant to do it that hard.

I heard a familiar laugh behind me as I felt strong, warm arms wrap around my waist. "You alright there, love?"

"Just peachy," I grumbled. "I'm really starting to hate that snobby bitch."

"Well, I see you didn't break her nose," he noted with a chuckle as he brushed the hair back from my neck  and kissed the spot below my earlobe. It sent the good kind of shivers down my spine. "So things  must've gone better than I thought they would."

"As okay as they could've gone. But I almost knocked her out when she started spouting crap about her being my competition for you," I informed a bit distracted. It was difficult to concentrate when his soft, luscious lips were on my skin.