veinticuatro

Audrey fell asleep in the car as Neymar drove into his front porch. He parked his car smoothly inside the garage and hopped out of the car. He stopped for a minute, questioning himself whether he should wake her up or not. 

Walking to the other side of the car, he opened the car door and unstrapped Audrey's seatbelt. Her face was smooth and her eyelids were perfectly shut; she looked like sleeping beauty. 

That's when he realized that maybe he shouldn't wake her up. Slowly, he lifted her arms and made it so that her arms were wrapped around his shoulders so he could lift her up and carry her into the house.

She was light-weighted so it was easy for him to carry her which came as a relief to him. Using her feet to kick the door open for him to walk inside.

He ran upstairs and placed her on his bed, covering her up with blankets and adjusting her head so that she was comfortable. Once she looked comfy, he ran back to his car so he could get her belongings and place them inside the house.

-

The night passed by quickly, making it the morning now. Rafinha woke up, got ready for his day and then had a look at his phone to see the missed calls and texts from Neymar. He read his texts and smiled.

After that, he smiled as he ate his cereal. He didn't know how to talk to Lydia. Should he call her, text her, or see her in person? As these thoughts ran through his head, his phone began to buzz with notifications, making him notice that he didn't have to even think about it.

Lydia: Goodmorning! I checked the fixtures for Barça, you guys play on Sunday and today is Thursday. 3 days! Good luck xxx

Rafinha stared at his phone, smiling as he walked out of the house.

Rafinha: Goodmorning, Lydia and thank you! You should come to the game, I'll get you tickets!

Rafinha: and btw, Neymar and Audrey asked if you could come over to his house so they could make up for that night. I'll be there! x

Lydia: I'd love to! That could be our first date :))) and if you're there, then why not? I'll give it a go!

Rafinha: Where should I pick you up, like what's your address?

Lydia: um

Rafinha: It's a serious question, not a stalker one ahah

Lydia: Yeah, it's okay! I'll walk down to the market, you can pick me up from there xx

Rafinha: What's wrong with me seeing where you live? x

Lydia: It's just...

Rafinha: Yeah? xx

Lydia: I can't afford to pay the rent for my apartment and I feel like you'll judge by seeing how tiny the apartment is...

Rafinha: no I won't, I would never do that. Why didn't you tell me about it before?

Lydia: because we literally met yesterday ahaha and it was embarrassing

Rafinha: text me the address, quick!

Lydia texts Rafinha her address and sets off to get ready, in her best outfit. She didn't have the best clothes in her wardrobe but she had good enough clothing for her to see someone like Rafinha.

---

Meanwhile, at Neymar's house, it was a completely different atmosphere; something more relaxing. Audrey gave out a groan when she woke up, unintentionally. She felt relaxed and snuggled inside the blankets but she knew it was time for her to wake up.

When she lifted herself up, she looked around her surroundings. Neymar's room. How did I get here, she wondered.

Audrey hopped out, made the bed and rushed to the bathroom so she could shower and get prepared for the day.

Afterwards, she found her clothes and decided to wear a hoodie and some black jeans. She left her hair wavy which placed perfectly on her shoulders. 

'Neymar?' Audrey shouts, running downstairs after not finding him upstairs.

'In here,' he yells back, his voice sounding like it was coming from the kitchen.

Audrey followed his voice and found him dancing to music as he cooked breakfast.

Audrey giggles, 'Is this how it's like in the Neymar household, every day?' she asks, dancing her way to him.

'Sometimes,' he replies with a smile, continuing to dance.

Neymar finishes cooking the bacon and places onto his bread which had some sort of herbs on them to give flavour. Audrey added the layer of cheese, simultaneously. 

'Here,' says Neymar, handing her the sandwich.

Audrey smiles, 'Thank you, little chef,' she thanks him.

Neymar gets her a glass of cold water and places it on the table in front of her. She takes her sandwich over to the table and begins to eat it.

'So, how is your job going?' asks Neymar as he takes his sandwich over to the table, to sit in front of Audrey.

'Good,' says Audrey, and then takes another bite.

'How about you? You know, Barça?'

'I've got a match this Sunday and I'm taking you,' Neymar winks at her.

'That would be so fun!' exclaims Audrey, her eyes widening in excitement.

Neymar and Audrey get up at the same time and place their plates in the dishwasher. Just as they return to their seats, the doorbell rings; they look at each other and both rush to the door, flinging it open.

'Hey,' says Lydia who stood beside Rafinha.

'Come on in,' says Neymar.

The two enter and Lydia just stands around, awkwardly as Neymar and Rafinha enter the kitchen together as if they had a lot to say to each other.

Audrey notices Lydia's awkwardness and tells her to take a seat as she does the same.

'Lydia, right?' Audrey asks, making a conversation.

Lydia nods, her strawberry blonde hair tied in a braided bun, making Audrey notice how beautifully she had done her hair.

'Your hair is beautiful, you did that yourself?'

'Yeah,' replies Lydia, smiling, 'Audrey, thank you for stopping your sister from-'

'Yeah, it's fine! It's good!' Audrey cuts through her.

Lydia nods and then looks around at the big house. She was inside a footballer's house and that explained a lot.

'Did Rafa invite you to the game on Sunday?'

'Yes! Did Neymar invite you?' Lydia questions back.

'Yeah, that means we can sit together! Just-' 

Before Audrey could finish her sentence, Neymar and Rafinha enter the room who had already overheard their conversation.

'We got you some jerseys that you should wear to the game!' The boys say as Rafinha throws his jersey to Lydia and Neymar throws his to Audrey.

And that was a beginning of their friendship.