□ Chapter 5 | Challenge? □

"Are you, [l/n][y/n]?" The white haired man asked.

"Uh... Y-yes," you answered softly. He gave you a sharp look. You flinched a little. He looked as if he could cook you. You could feel a bead of cold sweat rolling down. "I-is t-there any p-p-problem?"

He raised his hand and you closed your eyes immediately, afraid of anything that might happen.

"Open your eyes," he said in a low voice. Slowly, you opened your once tightly shut eyes. You saw that he was handing to you a lollipop. A [f/f] lollipop.

"For you," he took your shaking hand and place it.

"T-thank you."

Then, he placed his hand on your head and went away. You turned to look at him walking away.

'Who is he? He looked kinda fierce but... At the same time, he's kind and warm,' you thought. Snapping out of your thoughts, you place the candy into your pocket and head to the washroom.

Walking out of the washroom, you fished out the lollipop that was in your pocket.

"Good timing, [y/n]-chan," Ranpo appeared out of nowhere and showed to you the bag of clothes that Dazai gave you earlier. "Change to these now," he replaced the lollipop on your hand with the bag happily. You opened your mouth to tell him that you wanted the sweet back but no voice came out from you. Deciding to let that one go, you said okay and entered the washroom again.

Once you've change, you stepped out to see that Ranpo was waiting for you. The lollipop was still in his hands.

"It suit you, doesn't it?" Ranpo compliment as if he was the one who had chose it. "Now, follow me."

He brought you to his place/table in the office. There were newspapers scattered everywhere on his table. It was a total mess as if a small typhoon had just hit the table. Ranpo then went and took one of the papers and showed to you.

"Read this."

Your eyes scanned the paper.

A genius passerby

Yokohama, 17 January - It had been weeks since the murder in the sea. It had not gotten any progress since the day it was reported. The detectives that were with the police had burn the candle at both ends to solve it but to no avail.

The once called impossible and considered as a suicide case is now solved by a genius passerby that goes by the nickname, puppeteer -

Ranpo pulled the paper away from you. You looked at him, confused of the reason he searched and showed to you the report.

"I want to have a battle with you," Ranpo demanded.

"Eh?" You gave a blank face.

"A battle to see who's the greater detective," he announced and smiled.

"EEEHHHHHH?!!!!" you shouted in surprise.

"We need to find a case, right-"

"W-wait a minute, Ranpo-san!" You placed a hand in front of him, indicating him to stop talking.

"W-what are you talking about? Of course you're the greatest detective. And why do you want to challenge me?"

He turned the paper to read for a while. He then, held it in front if you again. "Here, read this sentence over here," he tapped at the section he wanted you to see.

"She is a very potential detective, despite her saying that she isn't. We've never see such a great detective as her."

"This 'great detective' here is attracting my interest. 'We've never see such a great detective as her'? Do they not know about me? Or is this report true?"

"B-bu -"

"The winner gets to order around the loser for a week. Okay? It's a deal then," he chirped. You let out a deep, long sigh.

"Ahh! I'm so tired," Tanizaki complained as he entered the room followed by the others who had gone on a mission earlier. They all entered and sat down on their working chair.

"That was fast," you said.

"Well, halfway along the mission, we finally known that the mission was a prank," Kunikida explained. "Damn, and I still had a lot of things to do."

"Hello miss~ Who are you? Could it be that you're the new girl that requested for this job?" The cheerful, honest looking blond haired boy inquired you with a cheerful tone.

"Yes, I had requested for this job and my name is [l/n] [y/n]."

"I am Kenji. Nice to meet you!" He held out his hand and you shook it.

"And I'm Yosano. I'm the doctor here," the lady with a Bob hairstyle and a butterfly ornament on it introduced herself. "When you're hurt, please look for me, okay?" She smirked. Kunikida and Tanizaki suddenly shivered.

"Okay."

"Come to think of it, where's Atsushi-kun and Dazai-san?" Kenji asked and looked around.

"Those two? They're in the infirmary room," you answered and Yosano went out of the room at the drop of the hat. She looked very excited though.

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" Atsushi shouted. Even though he was in the infirmary room, his voice earlier can still be heard. Tanizaki and Naomi had a bead of sweat rolling down their face.

"Uh... Did I do something wrong?" You asked as Dazai entered the office casually as if nothing had happened at all.

After a few minutes, Atsushi came in the office. He looked perfect and you could swear that you can see some sparkles around his body. Although his physical condition is perfect, his face expression looked like as if he watched a super scary movie like conjuring.

'Somehow, I feel a little bad now.' You thought and pitied the weretiger.

"Now now, [y/n]-chan,"Dazai slung one of his arms to your shoulder. "I wanted to ask you this earlier but.... Whose place are you going to stay? Do you want to stay with me for the moment?"

"Oi Dazai! What kind of things are you planning in your head?! How can we let you stay together with a girl in the same house?! You-"

"Surely, I'll let her sleep in my room and I'll sleep somewhere else. Kunikida-kun, I'm a real gentleman, you know? I'll not do anything to her," Dazai acted innocently.

'You sounded like you're my father, Kunikida,"

"So, what do you say?" Dazai looked at you, waiting for your answer.

--------

A/n : Guys, I'm sorry for the super duper bad chapter ~T_T~ School is making me worry sick as there's a lot of new subject for me this year. I don't think that I can cope with it though (;ω;) So, updates are gonna be slow right now, but I'll promise to write if I have any free time. And I'll promise to improve my writing style vocabulary too to make a better, nicer updates.

BTW, should I change the book name to BSD characters x reader? Or leave it as it is? And should I separate the one shots to another book specially for one shots? Updates still gonna be slow though (p′︵‵。)

Comment, vote or share this story as you like  ̄ω ̄