▩ Chapter 3 | Invitation ▩

"And that's the more reason why you can't leave here," Dazai smirked.

"More the reason?" you inquired.

"Well, we thought of asking you to work with us here. Now, since you have abilities like us too, you definitely have to work with us here," Atsushi explained.

"Surprisingly, even Kunikida agreed to ask the president to hire you. So this is a great chance that you definitely don't wanna miss," Dazai added and Kunikida nodded.

"Well, I had made a research about you, I found out that you had solved a lot of cases by yourself. But you didn't work as a detective though, you're just a passerby that helps the police when you happened to see them," Kunikida explained.

"Wow– wait, where and when did you do that?" You asked.

"When you're being treated."

"Oh my Kunikida-kun is a stalker," Dazai teased while closing his mouth with one hand like a lady.

"I'm not!!! I'm just looking for it to see if she's worth to be saved!!!"

"You're a cruel man, Kunikida-kun."

"You know what? We have to talk," Kunikida said calmly and dragged Dazai out of the room. When the door was shut, sounds of Dazai being hit can be heard clearly followed by his yelps of pain.

"So, do you want to join us?" Atsushi asked, ignoring the bully scene that Dazai is receiving from the next room.

"Uh..."

Suddenly, two people entered the room. They are a boy with orange hair and a girl with long black hair and she wears a school uniform.

"Good morning, Atsushi-kun. You're early today." The orange coloured hair man spoke.

"Who are you?! You're so cute," the girl with school uniform exclaimed while hugging you.

"My— my name is [y/n]. [L/n][y/n]."

"My name is Tanizaki Naomi. Call me Naomi. And this is my beloved brother, Tanizaki Junichiro," Naomi went and hugged her brother next.

"Are you a customer?" Tanizaki ( I'll call Junichiro as Tanizaki ) asked.

"... Am I?" You put your hand to your chin and think.

"No, she isn't. We're just thinking of asking the president to hire her." Atsushi answered.

"I see," both the Tanizaki siblings nodded.

"And she has an ability too. But she can't control it though," said Atsushi.

"What's the name of your ability? And what is it about?" Naomi inquired. She seemed to be very interested with your ability.

"I don't know. But... It has strings that will attach to people like they are a puppet," you said. Just you had finish your speech, the door slam open, revealing Dazai who looked perfectly fine.

'Does he have healing ability?' You thought.

"Well, let's call it 'Puppeteer'." Dazai announced.

'Puppeteer? Isn't that what Akutagawa called me earlier?' You thought but decided not to tell them. You already caused much problem to them. And you definitely don't want to cause anymore problem.

"Okay." You agreed to Dazai's suggestion.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

You were sitting on one of the available chairs and sat at there like a soulless human. You really had nothing to do so you just stared at them working. Luckily, Naomi was free enough to accompany and talked with you.