"Please you have to save her."

"They're doing the best they can ma'am."

"I can't lose her! She's my wife!"

"I understand that, but I need you to calm down. Your wife is currently in surgery right now, she lost a lot of blood; so there's nothing I can do."

..........

"Miracle!" I stormed out of the hospital and grabbed my sister by her collar. Luke was in the hospital nursery. "Miracle! I told you not to come around here. If Rosa dies, I'm killing YOU."

"Don't overreact Lyric. It's just a bullet."

"Just a bullet!? It goes 1,700 miles an hour, the hell do you mean, just a bullet!? My wife could die because of your dumbass!"

"She'll be fine, I'm sure she's been shot at before."

"Miracle, you have everyone in here crying because you decided to bring your pimp and he decided to shot up my house. He could've killed someone! He could've killed Luke!"

"Lyric, please tell us that our daughter is okay." said Mr. Alex.

"The nurse said she's in surgery right now. She's losing a lot of blood." I tried to say calmly.

"Lyric." My dad stood up and walked toward me. "I think we all owe you and Rosa an apology. I'm sorry for giving you two such a hard time. And I never wanted to take Luke away, I was just upset. When you get into that accident, I blamed Rosa for everything. That made me think that you shouldn't be with her. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions."

"And Lyric, I'm also sorry for the way I acted. Rosa has always had trouble finding someone who truly understands her. When she told her mother and I, that she liked women, we didn't know what to do. She kept going in and out of relationships because all her girlfriends kept breaking her heart and we had to pick up the broken pieces. We got tired of it, so after a while we stopped caring. When she told us about you, we figured that it would be another one of Rosa's past relationships. Plus, from what I remembered, you liked men not women. I assumed it wouldn't end well. Then Rosa started talking about getting married and having more children with you. We had never heard her talk about stuff like that. Then you two got into that confrontation, and of course we were gonna take our daughter's side. She was so upset and so broken, that I decided to take matters into my own hands, which is why you were fired. Then, all of sudden, Rosa got you a promotion, and she was gonna get fired, so I got fed up with her nonsense. Next thing I know, you were in the hospital. I blamed Rosa. Then Rosa was in the hospital for a minor injury so I didn't take it seriously. I just assumed that one of her tattoo's got infected or something because she's a bit of a trouble maker. She kept trying to save you and be with you and it made me so frustrated. I was tired of Rosa's heart always getting broken, so I told her not to contact me or her mother ever again. The thing about Rosa is that she's stubborn, free-spirited, adventurous, headstrong, and confident and sometimes, it was too much to handle."

"I hope you rot in hell. You're acting like a terrible father. Get the hell out of my face."

"You know what? Alejandro I want a divorce! I'm tired of you always controlling me! Rosa is my daughter too and I never get a say in what we do when it comes to her. Rosa never got her quinceañera or her sweet sixteen! Do you know how much that hurt her!? So damn much!" Carina threw her wedding ring at his head and turned to run off.

"Carina! Wait!"

"No, Alejandro, I want you out of me and my daughter's lives. You never let me have any other children. I wanted more kids after we lost Gabriel! I wanted a big family. Instead, you went and got a vasectomy. We are two strong independent women and we don't need a man telling us what to do all the time! A father is supposed be supportive of their daughter and wife but all you've done is control us. Rosa didn't wanna go to school for communications. She only did it to make you proud. She wanted to be a dancer, an actress, a singer! --- she wanted to be a star. And she could've been. Have you heard her sing? Have you seen her dance? No, you haven't! You were too busy giving all your love to your students, you forgot about us --- your family. Rosa was asked to audition for X Factor but she turned them down, worried she would disappoint you. Your shit will be on the lawn. Leave your keys, see you in court."