22. Together

"Why couldn't you say yes if you told him you love him?" Eli asks softly.

"It...it would have made it forever." Zion whispers.

"He is asking you to marry him because he wants to share his life with you." Eli explains. "You told him you love him. When you said that you made it forever. I know how significant, I love yous are for you."

Zion nods. "I know. What if he changes his mind?"

"You told him you love him and you, yourself, told me it felt deeper."

Zion blushes. "I didn't tell you for you to bring it up."

"I know." Eli replies with a smile. "I don't know how talking about anything sexual related still makes you blush. It's cute."

"It's not cute." Zion states.

"It is but he is not Hunter."

"I know." Zion states, seriously. "I know he is not Hunter. He is nothing like him. I do know. "

"He loves you for who you are. He has shown it again and again."

"I know." Zion replies.

"What is holding you back?"

Zion's cheeks have a hint of a blush as he meets Eli's eyes. "What if he...gets tired of my body?"

Eli takes Zion's hands in his. "He knows about you and accepts you. Again, you told me it felt deeper when you both did it. He hasn't stopped trying to be with you every time. When he doesn't have other engagements he comes to keep you company when you have to stay late to work or he comes over."

Zion nods. Everything Eli is saying is true.

"Don't make him wait! I want to see little Zions and Mikes running around!"

"Eli!" Zion's face reddens. We're not even engaged. We haven't talked about kids. His face reddens more when his dream comes to mind.

Eli laughs. "I had to break the tension."

"There won't be little Zions and Mikes running around. There will be Elis though I don't know how Dante will handle more Elis."

"Don't be mean!" Eli punches Zion's arm.

Zion laughs.

Eli smiles. It's better to see him this way than worrying when there is nothing to worry about.

"Can you imagine little Elis running around? They are going to cause so much trouble." Zion teases.

"Zion!"

"What?" Zion laughs.

"Dante would love them." Eli blushes.

"Why are you blushing?" Zion asks.

"We've talked about having kids. He wants me to be the donor."

"Ah, I knew it!" Zion states.

Mike sits at the bar. He had been told he was banned from helping him. Zion wanted to try Mike's favorite recipe. He watches Zion move around the kitchen humming.

"I want to have four kids with you." Mike states surprising himself and Zion.

Zion stops in his tracks before he continues to the sink. You do? "Why four?" Zion asks moving to stand in front of Mike to prepare the salsa.