1. Drowning

II gave him everything. You let me fall in love with you and now I'm paying the price of falling too quickly. I was not the only one. You convinced me to move in with you. My brother told me I was moving in too quickly, but I told him he worried too much. He responded that it wasn't that he didn't like you, but he wanted me to be sure I wanted to spend my life with you and be sure you did too. I should have listened to him and waited. I wouldn't have had to go to him the night you kicked me out. I should have known that our relationship was going downhill. I ignored all the signs... Zion shakes his head trying to dislodge the thoughts. He sits against the bed's headboard in the dark.

"Zion, please you have to come out; just come out to dinner with me." Zion's brother says. "It's time for you to start moving forward."

"I am. I'm going out. I'm going to work." Zion replies. That's more than I did during the first couple of days. Zion thinks.

"That's your job. I'm talking about having fun."

I know he wants his old brother back, but he is gone. Zion thinks.

"If you don't come, I will drag you out with me." Zane threatens.

Zion sighs, he doesn't need his brother bothering him or worrying about him more than he already does. He tirely asks, "Where are we going for dinner?"

"We'll go to Frankie's, your favorite, so put on your shoes."

"I'm already doing that. Where is your wife? Shouldn't you be going to dinner with Sofia?" Zion asks.

"I told her today was brother bonding time." Zane responds reminding Zion of the tradition they had established years ago; no matter how or where life took them, they would have some brother bonding time. Guilt surges through him; he had broken it because of Hunter.

"Zion!"

"What?" Zion asks turning his attention to Zane.

"Are you alright?" Zane asks.

"Yes, what were you saying or asking?"

Zane takes the hint. He knows there is probably much more that happened between Zion and Hunter than he knows. He wishes Zion would get it off his chest. "I was asking if you wanted to join me and Sofia this weekend. We're going to the lake."

"N--"

"Nevermind, we'll drag you out with us." Zane states. "We know where you sleep."

"Just because I'm staying at your house."

"I know." Zane smiles. "But joking aside, really come with us. You've always enjoyed going to the lake."

Maybe I should. Zane wouldn't worry about me as much, but life is so tiring. Zion nods, "I'll go."

"Great. Can I have one?" Zane asks as he takes a piece of quesadilla from Zion's plate.

"No, you ordered your own food." Zion says trying to take the piece from Zane.

"Too late. Thank you."

"You're buying me dessert." Zion says.

"Okay, I was going to anyways." Zane smiles. It's always what I have had to always do if I steal food from you. It's a small glimpse of his former self. "How is work going?"

"It's well. I will have to go through the Avengers' finished product to make sure everything is set to go. The premiere is in a week."

"Do I get a free screening?"

"No, you shouldn't even know what I told you."

"But I won't tell anyone."

"You know how guarded they get during the final check up, so it's still a no."

"Well, then you're coming with us to watch it."

"Now, you're making me feel like the third wheel."

"It's not just us going to watch it. We're going with a couple of our friends, so you're coming too. Eli and Dante are coming too."

Zion understands what Zane is trying to do, but he has no desire to hang out with others. "You can't make me go watch it again." Zion says.

"It'll be different. You'll be watching it on the big screen."

"But I would have already seen it on the big screen."

"You'll come and then we'll go for your favorite dessert."

"Fried ice cream?"

"Yes."

"It's tempting."

Zane smiles.

-----------------------

Let me know what you think!

Thank you for reading, voting, and/or commenting.