11. Boyfriends

"It's been a month." Zane states. "Why don't you give him a chance? You told him why and he is still here."

"I know." Zion states watching Mike on the grill. "I'm scared." He whispers.

"I understand why that might be, but he is always making sure you are alright, that you have everything you need before he takes care of himself. He is showing you he cares." Zane states. He lets out a sigh before he goes on. "It's something I didn't see so often from Hunter towards you. He would ask, but he wasn't as attentive as Mike is."

Mike feels Zion's stare and responds with a smile, which Zion responds with.

"So why not give him a chance? Plus, he has my approval. I want him as my brother in law and he can meet the parents when they come during Christmas." Zane adds.

"We're not even talking about marriage." Zion says blushing at the speeding image his mind conjured up at the word marriage. "And it is too soon for him to meet our parents."

"I'm inviting him for Christmas." Zane states.

"He has plans."

"Have you asked him?"

"No, but he is probably spending it with his parents."

"They can come too."

"Zane." Zion says sternly.

"Yes?"

"Stop it."

"Then, say yes."

"Are you forcing me to say yes?"

"Baby brother, I just want the best for you and to be happy. I can see Mike makes you happy. A lot happier." Zane replies. "I'm still inviting him for Christmas." Zane says before he heads toward his wife leaving Zion calling after him.

Zion takes Mike by the hand and leads him away from their friends. He takes him inside his bedroom. They seat on the bed. Zion wrings his hands and doesn't meet Mike's gaze.

"What did you want to ask?" Mike asks softly.

"I--" Zion raises his gaze, but doesn't meet Mike's. "Do you still...are...do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"Yes!" Mike exclaims crushing Zion in a hug.

"Can't breathe." Zion says.

"Right. Is it true?" Mike asks with a grin.

Zion smiles. "Yes." His heart steadying.

Mike kisses him bringing him closer to him. He breaks the kiss before he is trailing kisses along Zion's jaw to his ear. "You make me really happy."

"I see." Zion whispers. "I think everyone heard you. Oh god." He says before burying his face in Mike's chest.

Mike starts chuckling. "There is nothing to be embarrassed about."

"I know, but they might start making insinuations."

"They won't. They will be happy for you, for us." They have been.

"Maybe."

"Can we go back out with them? I want to show you off." Mike says. "Not that I think you are a possession." Mike rushes to explain making Zion smile.

There he goes again trying to explain when he thinks he has referred to me as an object or possession. Zane is right. He is better than Hunter. Zion thinks. "I know what you meant."