chapter 9.

Lucas's P.O.V

I woke up with a loud bang on my door. I'm living with assholes.

"What the fuck do you want!?" I yelled.

"Lucas, get your ass up. We have school in 15 minutes" I heard Austin say from the door.

"If she's out there I'm not coming out" I said pulling my blanket off my sweaty body.

"Who? You mean Maya?" he asked.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. She was sick of you and Jacob acting like kids so she went home" he said.

"Wait. She went home?" I asked shocked and a little hurt.

"Why do you care? You were acting like a dick towards her" he said.

"At least I wasn't the one that stuck my tounge down Jacob's throat" I fired back.

"Dude, you have no right to be mad at her. She didnt do anything wrong. Plus, she wasn't yours" he said. I hate to admit it, but he was right. Maya wasn't mine, but I tried and she wanted me as a friend.. and goes kissing one of my best friends.

"It doesn't matter anyways" I say standing up and run my hand through my messy hair.

"Your not giving her anything to work with dude. Your pushing her way over the edge, now she thinks you don't care about her at all because you were to much of a dickhead to realize that, she likes you too" he said.

"Austin, don't start with me" I said trying to wave the angry away. God, I love her and what I saw last night hurt like shit. I slowly open the door and saw Austin standing there with a dirty look on his face.

"If you keep being a dick, you will lose her for good" he said walking away. I roll my eyes and walk into the bathroom.

After my shower and getting dressed, I went downstairs. Everyone was eating pancakes.

"I'm not eating from this guy, not after what he did" I said. I grab my bag and an apple.

"Dude, come on. Don't make this a big deal" he said.

"Don't Jacob" I snap.

"I'm out" I said walking out the door.

After a few minutes, I finally got to school. I park my bike and walk into school. I have to talk to Maya.

Maya's P.O.V

I haven't talked to Lucas or Jacob since the incident. Today is the first day of school since winter break and I'm really nervous, I don't think I want to talk to either of them. I walk through the door of the school, wrapping my arms around myself.

'Here we go' I whisper.

I can feel the hair on my skin standing up and the chills.

'God, why is it so hard with boys?' I whisper rolling my eyes.

I went to my locker, putting in my code and opening it. Maybe no one will talk to me, I thought as I took out my books.

"Maya, we need to talk" a husky voice said. Great, just what I was trying to avoid. I turn around facing a dark blonde haired boy with his green eyes staring down at me.

"Oh hi, didn't see you there" I said.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"Ugh, so much" I said holding my books up to my chest.

"I have been calling and texting you, no answer" he said.

"And have you figured out why?" I said.