Part 3

The ship landed sometime later and Selene's NetScreen dinged. Scoffing she shoved it away not to be bothered by some news line probably announcing some celebrity did something stupid or hooked up with someone. Nope, she hated those articles and not just because she could prove each one was real despite the people's claims they were gossip and fake but because it only brought her to hurt at this point. Some things were better not said and told.

"Honey, you look awful- like you purposefully chose a simple look. Ugh, Selene, you remind me of Princess Levena and her retched step-daughter Winter. Not caring about hooking up with people or any of that crap just love. Honey nobody gonna love you if you look like an orphan Ms heir to the throne" Channary scolded

"Sorry mother but to be fair I did lots of research into this Parker," Even saying his fake name thrilled her, "He doesn't seem to be the one to care and I honestly think I will be more comfortable if I dress more casual." Not to mention Kai wouldn't see her as Queen but his best friend hopefully.

Her mother only nodded and walked away clearing a space for Selene to walk down and into a large and very Eastern Commonwealth home. The house was littered with ancient historical sculptures and paintings worth more than anything at the other houses. Of Course, Kai would want to up the others. It took everything in her not to laugh at classic Kai.

"It is a Nice home yes?" Selene asked her mother who was clearly taking the boys wealth into account and wondering just how nice the wedding would be with this money. Classic Channary as well. "Finest one so far"

"I'm glad you like it! Please make yourself at home." Letting her eyes snag on the boy before her it did a flip- yep in his eye it was Kai but he wore his hair in a very non-prince fashion and some average clothes. His eyes were lingering on her happy yet distant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KAI'S POV

Kai paced in the massive halls in his new clothes. He was about to see Cinder again and heck he was a mess. He'd convinced everyone he was going to the market but in reality, he'd snuck to the Welter Mansion and got into Jacin's clothes letting Jacin go off to be with the lunar girl Winter while Kai and Cinder talked. 

"Sir! We have breaking news" A small android rolled in and looked at him beeping as it presented a small newsfeed line- "LEAKED: Princess Selene's first kiss"- Kai's mouth dropped open in shock, How could she? He wasn't totally sure to be honest why it bothered him and he had to take a second to process it. Why was this bugging him? Kai shook his head deciding it had to be that she didn't get the chance to tell him first.

He heard some voices talking and decided it must be them pushing open the door only hearing the end of their conversation.

"I'm glad you like it! Please make yourself at home," he said locking eyes on Cinder. His best friend. His rock. She looked stunning and for the first time, Kai realized just how much he had missed her. A whole year had gone by and while he had missed his visits with his best friend he didn't feel just how much of a hole she had left till now.

Her whole outfit was simple and he could swear there was a grease stain or two along the sleaves something that made his smile widen. If it wasn't for the fact that the perfectionist's hair was done up so well it looked fake he would swear nothing was out of the ordinary but alas this wasn't the normal situation.

"You Highnesses, my name is Parker Adams and I am from the elite of the Eastern Commonwealth. I'm hoping to get to know both of you with whatever time I'm given," he said stepping forward knowing her mother would love him already.

"Well, it's a pleasure Parker I will be out and about?" Channary said leaving the two together for the first time in over a year.

"Cinder?" He said as the door closed and he ran towards her the two engulfing each other in a hug.

It took a few minutes before they both let go and sat on opposite sides of the little living room area across from each other. Neither dropped their smiles.

"So Parker it's been how long now?" She asked batting her eyes and he grinned.

"Oh skip all that small talk, your highness, I've recently been informed you had your first kiss?" Kai pressed leaning forward.

Cinder shrugged her shoulders, "Oh right so get this. One of the suitors is from the United States and he's super full of himself Kai. Yet, of all the guys I've met, he's been the nicest one or at least friendliest one. He kinda reminded me of you the way we just could talk for hours."

Kai found himself starting to force that smile he had held so genuinely only moments earlier but he found himself telling himself he was insane for feeling this way. The thought of someone else being CInders rock or a best friend felt unnatural.

"You know I told him all about how I hate all these dresses just like how we used to say. Remember how you used to tell me how they were unnatural and made me look like a statue? He definitely agreed with you. I think you two would be friends. Most of all though I really let my guard down for the first time all year with him and it was so nice. In the end, he kissed me and I didn't hate it, Kai, to be honest, and if I'm honest I still hate all these suitors and marriage ideas but if I really need to choose someone he seems like he would be a good friend and maybe feelings could develop?" Cinder finished noticing that Kai wasn't responding.

Kai had been listening but near the end, he had found himself just staring at her. It had really only been a year yet she seemed so different. So different, braver, stronger. After realizing she was only staring back he spoke up. "That's really great Cinder I'm glad your last year hasn't been a total waste."

She reached forward grabbing his hand and squeezed it which he quickly returned. "It's better now that I can see you. I really missed you, Kai."

"I know I did too."

And the two just sat there staring silently. While not much was actually spoken the two seemed to catch up instantly and within the few hours of their time together the best friends had wound up on the same couch fast asleep with Cinder's head on Kai's shoulder and his arm around her. The two were reunited even for just a day and it made up for all the time apart.

So Hi guys it's me the author. I know I know I haven't posted in what three years? I actually had a new account I used for the longest time that if anyone wants I can give you privately but I'm not about to advertise that account. Anyway, every now and then I get these emails about people reading my book and voting but I blew a lot of it off so imagine my surprise yesterday when I looked up Kaider for old times sake and found that my little one-shot book with only 5 (Now 6) parts not only had 2.4K reads from people worldwide but it was also the second top book in the entire Kaider search! Thank you all so much and I suppose after reading all your comments it was only fair to post this part that I found as a draft never posted. I tried not to change anything really but honestly, I was not a good writer then and I think it shows in this book. Anyway, I hope you like this added part from my mind 3 years ago never published and thank you for all the amazing comments on the previous parts. If this really is something you guys still want going on please tell me and I hope to hear from everyone soon! Enjoy!!