A Banned Friendship

So this is a special little AU, Levena never took the thrown and Cinder is Luna's princess under Queen Channary. The Eastern Commonswealth is a good friend of the Luna royal family as well as the United States. No war has been present and with the peace means there is no disease! Happy Reading!! xxx

Kai glared at Selene across the table, she was a great friend but stars every time their families ate together she seemed to ditch her messy hairstyles and oil stained dresses for a stunning braided hairdo and a slim yet ball ready dress that made her seem to glow while Kai only had some nice dress pants and his formal button up shirt that was completely average and normal for a royal member. Heck the richer families of his own country usually dressed nicer- or so he was told.

Selene smiled towards him obviously catching his glare since she winked before turning back and adding to the adults talk about the United States.

Kai refused to join in the political conversation. What was the point, He didn't have an opinion and even if he did who would listen to it?

As they all finished up their meals Kai caught Selene's eyes and she wiggled her eyebrows smirking- their secret code to talk, oh fantastic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai waited patiently in the back room where him and Selene always met up and laughed. the door flew open and Selene stood in the doorway her hair in a sloppy ponytail, slightly curly from her braids, and a grease stained nightgown. How the grease got there? Kai could only guess but he was in a full smile- this here was the Selene that was his best friend, that he would kill for and stick by her side through it all, not that perky ideal perfectionist she was around her mother.

Not to mention this Selene never used a glamour- not that she needed one. Selene was only 11 but she already was the most beautiful person in Luna he heard and well Kai could agree and maybe even suggest the prettiest on Earth too when she visited. Yet whenever she was around her mother Selene always wore this glamour that was to perfect version of herself and from what he could tell Selene was forced to wear it.

Standing up Kai smiled and walked towards her, "Ah is that my dear best friend Cinder? I thought she was taken by Selene!"

Selene rolled her eyes, Kai often called her Cinder when she was with him alone and she never fought it. In fact she promoted it saying Cinder was the real her and not Ms Princess Selene of Luna. How they made the nickname, neither can remember for the life of them.

Selene didn't smile, she rather frowned clearly upset..and what Kai could tell with him. She spoke next.

"How could you not say anything at dinner!?"

"What? I hate to break it to you Cinder but I tune you all out at Dinner, it bothers me that you all talk and ask opinions nobody cares for"

Selene only frowned and stood silently before speaking.

"Maybe you should listen because heck Kai they want me to start getting ready for marriage! I'm 11 for goodness sakes and if your parents truly think what they said tonight you too will be married soon, stars you're only 13!"

Kai froze, marriage??? Yep this wasn't okay!

"Who the heck are you going to marry!? They have to let you choose, right?"

"Well kinda...they're lining up several Earth guys and want me to choose between them, all wealthy spoiled brats might I add"

"Well thats no fair! Marriage is way too soon for both of us!"

Selene rolled her eyes, "I can tell you really didn't listen at dinner Kai."

Kai froze, did none of this really happen??

"Because they said that now that my mother is looking for a groom for me so I can be in absolute love by 16 so I can be married right on my birthday the people can't get the idea that my hand is to you since somehow people will believe that since your my best friend I'm terribly in love with you and they stand no chance for my hand. Kai we won't see each other till my wedding- IN 5 YEARS."

Kai gaped, No way this was happening!

"Who are you marrying? Do they have the people picked?"

Selene frowned obviously upset that he was asking that rather then being enraged like she clearly was and demanding a change in their parents plans, "Someone named Thorne from The United States, a 16 year old European hunter named Wolf, 12 year old James from Africa, and nobody from the Eastern Commonswealth yet." Her voice hinted annoyance at well him.

Kai sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I got it! We will see each other, see I'll pretend to be the Eastern Commonswealth- THEN when plans are set for you to be with me we can just hang out and be friends!"

Selene tilted her head and Kai could tell she was running it through her head, "You aren't afraid you will be caught?"

"No"

"Very Well. What will your fake name be?"

"Easy, Parker"

"Parker?"

"Yeah"

"Why Parker?"

"I don't know Cinder, just let me be Parker okay?"

"You're kidding?"

"Nope"

"I can't believe you"

"Well Believe it"

And with that Kai shut the door walking away from their closet and towards his room knowing their plan had to work.