Suspended Animation

(Play song.)

Everything was dark, cold, and lifeless. I couldn't see, and I couldn't feel.

"Mom! Dad! Please! I don't want to do this! I want to stay with you!"
"It's to dangerous honey! We need to protect you! We promise, one day you will wake up!"
The sound of blaring alarms pounds in my head.
"We have to go!"

"NO NO NO!" I shouted, pounding on the glass. I started feeling colder, the pod was filling.
"
NOOOOOOooooo-"

My eyes snapped open. I saw the pod door slowly and weakly opening, and when it opened, I felt... Warm, as if I were drinking a hot cup of cocoa.

I was able to move. I walked out of the pod stiffly, my body having not moved in years.

Everything looked old, and broken. The lab was rusted, and covered in the overgrown flora.

I looked around for anything to help me get out. I found a bunch of multi-biome equipment packs. Each one contained a grappling hook, some expired cans of spam, 3 water bottles, a GPS, a few coins, a box of matches, and a old, moldy bedroll.

I grabbed the pack and looked around some more, I found an empty air tank, and searched around for an air compressor. I refilled the tank and put it on my back. I looked and saw an emergency hatch on the ceiling. I put the mouth piece on and opened the hatch. The lab flooded with water as I swam out. I kept swimming, noticing that not a single aquatic animal was down here.

I continued swimming until I reached the surface. I looked around and saw man-made land. Could there be civilization? I swam towards it, grabbed the grappling hook, and hooked onto the railing at the edge of the island. I was flung in the direction of the railing, landing right over it.  I saw that I was behind some modern building. I walked in between two and looked into a plaza. I was shocked at what populated the aforementioned plaza. People with tentacles for hair walked around, and some were even turning into squids!

I suddenly heard talking coming from a giant TV above. I turned to it and listened to the two girl on the screen.

"Hold on to your tentacles... It's Inkopolis News time!" Said the girls. Inkopolis? That must be the name of this place. Great to see they still speak English, but a more... distorted, accented English.
"Let's unveil the current regular battle stages!" The photo of a place called 'Urchin Underpass' showed up. "OK, Marie. What's your favorite strategy here?" Said the pink one.
"My strategy is to not give away my strategy." Said who I can only suppose is Marie. Then a picture of somewhere called 'Blackbelly Skatepark' showed up.
"Watch me bust a sick ollie, brah!"
"Oh, you'll bust something, all right." I tuned out what the rest of what they were saying. I looked around and saw everyone looked at least like children. What I didn't expect was when-
"Hey, who are you?"

(Song by GHOST.)