Chapter 3 Trusting Your Gut

FanFiction

Just In

Community

Forum

More

Dances With Werewolves by TeamBlaus4EVER

TV » Teen Wolf Rated: T, English, Romance & Supernatural, Derek H., Isaac, Words: 399k+, Favs: 504, Follows: 573, Published: Jun 20, 2012 Updated: Jan 9

1,729 Chapter 3: Trusting Your Gut

Thanks for the reviews! I'm glad everyone's liking the story. I do not own anything in this chapter, besides Laci, everything else belongs to their rightful owners.

Chapter 3

#$%# %$ #$%

After school, the three were trekking through the woods to go back to where Scott had lost his inhaler the night before when he and Stiles had gone out to try and find the other half of the dead girl's body. Laci didn't know why she was here since she hadn't gone with them in the first place. Oh, right, because Stiles wouldn't drive her home, and neither would Scott, if she didn't come with them and help. "I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball." Scott explained to them as they crossed a little stream.

The boys stopped long enough to help her across. She was not the most coordinated person in town, and that was saying something since she was ballet dancer. They continued on once she was safely across and climbed up the hill in front of them. Again they had to help her up after them since she was in a dress and it wasn't the best outfit, or shoes for that matter, to be wearing while trekking through the woods. "And that's not the only weird thing. I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." Scott went on to explain to them both as they followed behind him.

That seemed to get Stiles attention. Laci was just more focused on the fact that walking all this way was destroying her shoes, not to mention crunching down her free time until ballet practice at five. She still needed to shower and pack her things for class. "Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asked him. Laci, though slightly curious about her brother's sudden weirdness, didn't care bout his sudden nose smelling abilities. He was probably just delirious from the animal bite he had gotten the night before.

That had to be the reason for the sudden skill in lacrosse too. Or it could be all the practicing he had been doing over the summer too. Course, that didn't explain his lack of needing his inhaler during the day. "Like mint mojito gum in your pocket," he said with confidence in his voice as he looked back at Stiles. Their friend went to argue with him as he checked his pockets, only to stop himself mid sentence when he found the mint mojito gum in his pocket. Scott took another sniff of the air to further prove his point. "and the cotton candy scented lip gloss Laci's wearing right now." he said as he looked back over at his sister.

Laci paused in her step upon hearing that, looking up at him in shock for a moment before she huffed and crossed her arms as she looked away from him. That was all the answer he needed from her though to prove that he was right. Not that he liked knowing what flavor lip gloss his sister had on, but it proved his point. He gave them both a pointed look before moving on. "So this all started with a bite?" Stiles asked out to him.

"What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" Scott asked back to them.

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this." Stiles said out to the both of them. The McCall twins shared a confused look before looking back at Stiles. "It's a specific kind of infection." Stiles went on to tell them. Scott's eyes widened in surprise, clearing buying into what their friend was talking about. Laci wasn't so sure about it. Stiles was never one to be the most reliable one when it came to telling the truth, even though he sucked at lying in a major way.