Something Different

So I've been working on this story for a few days now and still writing. I've already gotten to the 7th chapter, so I've decided to make this my summer project so to speak. I'll be working on it for a majority, with the exceptions of maybe some one shots to my Vampire Diaries story 'Angel Among Wolves'. My OTH story is being put on Hiatus for now. Sorry, but my muse is sticking with this story.

Summary - She was an angel, and he was a monster. That's the perfect deffination to sum up most couples, but it's a reminder to Derek Hale. A warning. When Laci McCall gets mixed up in her brother's werewolf trouble, will Derek be able to stay away? Will he kill the light in her if he gets too close? Will Scott let him?

I do not own anything in this story, besides Laci, everything else belongs to their rightful owners.

Chapter 1

#% #$ #$ #$

Being the younger sister, well younger twin, of a lacrosse player was bad, but being the younger twin sister of the lacrosse player formally known as Scott McCall?Now that was even worse for Laci. Especially when said twin brother took full advantage of the older part of that title. Not saying that Scott was a bad brother, because as far as big brothers went? He wasn't that bad. It was just the fact that she was half a sleep and being awoken by a weird noise outside had seriously put her in a bad mood. She threw her blanket off of her and stumbled tiredly to her bed room door. Just as she opened her door, her brother, the one she thought the noise was coming from, was passing by her room with a base ball bat.

She rubbed her eyes as she took in his appearance. She winced at the sight of him shirtless and dropping wet. Well, she hoped it was from water and not from sweat, cause that would be totally gross. Not that the image of him being shirtless wasn't any less scarring for her, but at least it wasn't that gross. Her brother had a nice body, or so she's heard from her friends back at school. She wasn't in the position, at all, to judge him since she was his twin sister and all. To her? He was just Scott, her annoying older twin brother.

Back to present time though. By taking in the sight of the bat in his hands, she put two and two together. He wasn't the reason she had been woken up. Something actually outside had been the reason. "Scott, what's going on?" she whispered to him as she fixed her pants before shutting her bedroom door. She had decided to go comfortable the night before school since it was cold. Sadly, that meant the fuzzy pants were two sizes too big for her and only staying up because of the elastic waist bang tied around her waist.

Scott quickly shushed her and motioned for her to come with him. If there was someone trying to break in, he wanted her with him and not by herself in the house. She stayed close behind him as the two crept outside. They slipped around the corner of the porch, the bat raised slightly in his hands, as they moved forward. He motioned for Laci to stay back against the house as he moved toward the railing and looked out onto the lawn. He was just about to turn back to her when something dropped down from the roof. The two McCall siblings, and who ever had dropped, had all started screaming.

It took Laci a moment to realize that it was just Stiles, her brother's, now officially on her bad list, friend. "Stiles, I'm going to kill you!" She shouted as she jumped forward, trying to attack him with her tiny fists. The boy hanging upside down from their roof was lucky she was tiny and Scott could easily hold her back from hitting him. "Do you know how hard it is to get to sleep, and stay asleep, with this dumbo prepping himself for tomorrow? Huh? Do you know, Stiles?" she didn't even pause a second. "No, you don't!" she answered for him.

Stiles stammered, not knowing what to say to her in that moment. He looked at Scott for help, but his friend was no use. The only good he was doing was keeping his sister back and away from him. "What the hell are you doing here anyways, Stiles." Scott whispered to his friend. Their mom might not be home from her shift at the hospital yet, but that didn't mean the neighbors wouldn't rat them out to her when they saw her.