Chapter 27

"What to do, what to do?" Joker mutters as he paces up and down infront of his desk.

Harley lies on his desk. Her head and arms hangs off the end, balancing on her lower back, her legs are in the air.
She sighs and opens and closes her legs, bending her knees to vorm shapes.

"Puddin' I'm bored." She huffs. "And you shouldn't be so busy. You worry me."

M. J stops pacing and turn to her.
"You worry about me?" He asks, "I'd be more worried about you!"

"Why?" Harley asks, dropping her legs down on the table.

"You haven't popped up yet!" He says, poking her stomach with his index finger.

"Pop- Stop! It tickles- what do you mean popped up?" She asks through the giggles.

Now Mr. J looks really worried.
"You don't know?! Your parents never had the talk with you?!"

Harley shifts uncomfortably.  Her parents never did. Every thing she knows she found out for herself.

"When a woman falls pregnant her belly will pop up after a few days. Giving the baby space to gorw." Mr. J continues, "And right now it looks like our baby is going to be a midget!"

Harley gapes at him as she registeres what he just said. A smile cracks on her face and she starts to laugh, first she only giggles until she breaks out in full laughter. Rolling around, holding her stomach. She loses her balance in another fit of giggles, and would've hit the ground if Joker hadn't caught her.
He sets her down on his desk.

Harley tries to talk, but only silent laughing comes out. She claps her hands.

"You look like a retarded seal." Joker states simply.

Harley finally gets some words out, but still laughs in between.
"Tha-" laughter, " That's-" more laughter, "not-" silent laughter, "how it works." She finishes.

"Uh-huh, then, Doctor, how does it?" He asks, not believing her.

Harley takes a deep breath to calm her laughter.
"Your stomach swells as the baby grows." She still smiles.

"Oh." Mr. J says, "Now all I've read, makes more sense."

"Wait.. you've read up about pregnancy?" Harley asks, astonished.

Mr. J dodges the question with another question, "What to do for New Years.. Got any ideas, Kitten?"

Harley decides not to push him. She can look up his search history later.

"I don't know. Did you ever sort out that Falconi problem?"

"Nah, it's not that big of a problem. He's only being trying to push back the borders there by the old warehouses. He won't get our turf."

"Why don't you make that clear." Harley asks tracing circles with her fingers.

"What are you suggesting, Kitten?" He turns to her, and cup her cheek in his hand. She leans into his hand.

"Why don't you blow something up. At the heart of his side." She says and trails her hand up his arm, resting both her arms around his neck.

"It might start a gang war." He says and places his other hand on her middle.

"It's worth the risk." She answers and leans closer, their lips inches away.

"It will cost me some of my spies." He says and takes his hand away from her middle to cup her other cheek.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about that." Harley says and pulls away. Mr. J groans. "Aren't you afraid there are spies here? Between us?"

A smile breaks on to his face and he chuckles. A deep chuckle making Harley wish she hadn't pulled away. It might have been her only chance to get a kiss.

"There is nothing Falconi can do that I can't do worse. They might be afraid of him but they are terrified of me." He says, Harley can hear how proud he is.

"So, you going to do it then?" Harley asks, "Blow up Falconi's?"

"Yeah, why not?" Mr. J smiles. "But the explosives won't be here in time."

"You won't be able to do it for New Years?" She asks shyly.

"No. But that's not a problem." Mr. J says, biting his lip. "But here is an idea what we could do." He leans in close and whispers in her ear.

Her eyes grow wide and she starts to blush. Turning red to the roots of her hair. He leans back and smirks at her red face. He wastes no time and picks her up bridal style, heading to the door. He pushes it open with his foot, it slams close behind them. But he doesn't mind. He carries her up stairs andinto their bedroom.

Harley got a second chance to get her kiss and she did get it. She also got a kick-start on the new year. She had a feeling it was going to be a good year...

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I know most of you's goal for 2017 is just to survive it. (I know mine is)
So here is a quote for a little luck:

"Just because you're trash, doesn't mean you can't do great things. It's called a trashcan, not a trashcannot."

#LOLOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara