Chapter 8: Cloud Nine

Start from the beginning

You pouted, form still teasing, "So you're gonna leave me?"

He grinned hugely at that.

"If I leave, I'll find you again one day...don't worry."

You glanced away for a moment, barely able to keep your gaze with his for too long.

There was silence for a moment.

"The child's father had me flown out here...I've been stranded ever since I couldn't afford what place they were offering me to stay in at first," you softly shared out of the blue, your numbing thoughts taking over as you let your heart out for the first time in two months, "It was hard accepting the fact that I had no home at first. I made a fool of myself by crying so much..."

It was quiet again.

You swallowed down the lump growing in your throat.

"He never cared for me...he didn't even say goodbye. He sent his friends to tell me to leave. How could someone do that to another person? I don't understand."

Silence.

Your jaw clenched. You didn't want to think of Hoseok. Not now, not ever.

"I'm sorry," you breathily chuckled out, blinking back tears before trying to shut at your eyes and fall asleep. "I kinda just dumped too much on to you all in one go."

Silence.

Did it last too long?

No.

"...the name's Kevin," the man softly whispered out, breaking the silence.

-

PRESENT DAY

You smiled over at Kevin who slowly got the Yeri ready. Slowly throwing on a jacket yourself, you passed the man your camera before nudging him away from your son.

He chuckled, putting the camera around his neck before moving towards the opposite end of the bed. Kevin wanted to lay but he didn't. He remain sitting and watching you smiling and talking over at Yeri who was excited for the day ahead.

"So, let me get this straight," Kevin popped out, smiling when Yeri grinned excitedly over at him, "You're trusting the head of the company the idol works for instead of me with Yeri for today?"

"Bang PD promised he'd keep PD Nim in check since both of them want to see Yeri again..." you said softly, a little nervous about it yourself, "I refused at first but they promised I could trust them. So, yes...I'll trust them. It's just—they helped me get out of that shelter when I was struggling. They were the one's that came back for me when 'he who shall not be named' didn't even bat an eyelash."

"Voldemort?" Yeri suggested quickly, a huge smile on his face as he listened in and out of the conversation you were having with Kevin. The little boy was a little distracted with the cute cartoon near the pocket of his jacket to fully pay attention however.

Kevin snorted at that.

You pursed your lips from smiling. "No, someone worse," you giggled out, ruffling at the kid's hair.

You glanced back at Kevin before continuing, "Now, I'm trusting Bang PD more than PD Nim since he seems to be emotionally regarding...Voldemort's wishes. I'll give them a chance since they've been asking for one since I came here."

"You love them," Kevin said, chuckling, "even if they royally screw you over, you'll still respect them."

You nodded, sighing before moving down to pucker your lips. Seeing as Yeri quickly pecked you back, you mumbled "good boy" when he started to recite rules over at you.