18. Right From The Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Guys, start getting ready." Their manager poked his head in the room, giving a grin at them. Everyone nodded and slowly trailed towards the make-up room in slow sluggish movements. Once they were all seated, Kaolu appeared, working on Ruki first, who was the most reluctant one. Closing his eyes, refusing to stare at his ugly reflection, Kaolu groaned at the sight of his friend and client.

"What happened to you Ruki-san?" He asked quietly, as if questioning himself while he opened up the palettes with shadows, brought the make-up close to him and all the brushes. Sighing slightly Kaolu started on removing the smudgy mascara from the man's eyes and cheeks, making him close his eyes, staying still as a statue. It was rare for Ruki to not start a conversation, or ask about Kaolu's personal life and routine that it made the man uncomfortable as he did his work.

Aoi and Reita were in the changing room, waiting patiently for their stylist to pick up the clothes they should wear. On the other hand Uruha and Kai were having their hair done by Kaolu's assistants. It was pretty hectic; everyone was running around, trying to get ready until the boys had to get on stage. The screams from the crowd was making the boys shiver in anticipation besides one person who wanted to bawl his eyes out and hide behind the countless racks of clothing.

By the time they had to get on stage, everyone was dressed properly, had their hair and make-up done. They were intently listening to the screams of their fans, constantly yelling 'Gazetto' in their loudest voices, creating a fissure of pleasure to all five of men. Even if Ruki wasn't cut out to sing today, this scream lifted his spirits and brought a smile on his face. 

"Okay, let's do it." Kai smiled placing his hand in the middle of their little circle, the other members quickly placing their own on top of his. 

~

Rin was sprawled on her bed with Riki running on it, occasionally paying attention to his owner, but mostly running and munching on the blankets. The television was playing a cooking show, that Rin couldn't even bother watching as her head was laying comfortably on the pillow while her eyes were making holes on the ceiling.

"Honey? I have to go now, your dad wants help with moving the furniture in the house. The food is in the fridge, please eat something okay?" Yoshiko said, stepping next to her daughter, pressing her lips on the girl's forehead. "I love you." She mumbled and left the room, then with a soft click she was gone from the house.

Once she was left alone again, Rin remembered Ruki's words. 

"Marry me." She snorted, rolling on her side, stroking Riki's furr slowly. The small rabbit, hopped in front of Rin, gently nibbling her finger and then bumped its little head against Rin's forehead. A smile broke the girl's lips past the tears that threatened to leave her eyes again. She felt too tired to start crying; it was energy consuming and she felt pitiful breaking down over a man she once cried her eyes out, back in high school. It was really absurd; thinking she would accept marrying him just because Ruki could ease his guilt that way, degrading the woman's pride. Thoughts pierced her head, effectively making the girl dizzy. She sat up slowly, slapping a hand over her mouth as she felt bile rising up her throat. But when she felt that keeping it down would be impossible, Rin run towards her bathroom, almost falling as she turned the corner fortunately keeping her balance, she fell on her knees in front of the toilet, retching whatever she had stuffed her stomach with, the past few hours.

When she finished puking her insides, Rin stood up and brushed her teeth, barely glancing her reflection on the mirror. She looked like crap and that was the nicest way to describe herself at the moment; uber crap. Slowly, trying not to lose her footing again, the woman made her way towards the kitchen, warming up the food her mother had made. Even if the smell was having the opposite effect of making her hungry, Rin still forced herself to eat, meanwhile closing her eyes so she wouldn't see what she was eating.