2. Unfortunate Audition

"Sweety wake up, come on." An angelic voice murmured against Rin's ear, slowly dragging her out of her nice dream.

"No, I don't wanna!" She childlishly whined, rolling over to pull the blanket over her head and welcome the warmth that was momentarily taken away from her.

"Shimizu Rin! You are twenty four years old and I have to drag you out of bed like I did ten years ago?" Rin's mom, Yoshiko, scolded her, completely ruining the younger's sleep.

"Fine, I'm up." Rin groaned and sat up to prove her almost raging mother that she was awake. Yoshiko smiled and left the room with a quiet click of the door. Rin threw her legs off the bed, her feet touching the cold hard floor that slowly woke her up. Groggily she made her way towards the bathroom making her usual stop in front of her dresser to stare at the picture that rest there. 

She looked at the senior picture that was full of students. 

Only it wasn't hers. It was his.

 He stood at the far left corner of the picture with his hands tucked in the pockets of his uniform. A scowl was ruining his beautiful features and Rin had long ago figured out, that it was because of the girl beside him. She had short black hair with dark brown eyes and a grin across her face. Her one hand was making the peace sign, while the other was slung casually around his shoulders holding him close.

How she managed to get this picture in her hands was still a wonder to her. She had treasured it for years, since she was sixteen.

Slowly she set the picture down, went into the bathroom and took a long shower to calm her nerves. As she got out and dried herself, she put on a pair of lace underwear and looked herself in the mirror. Long light brown hair that reached her hips and butt, bright hazel eyes and an odd pale skin colour. Throwing clothes out of her closet, trying to settle which one would be the most appropriate for an audition, she rejected one cloth after the other. A huff escaped her full pink lips as she started running out of choices.

'Maybe I shouldn't go to this audition.' She thought desperately.

Are you an idiot? Her subconscious scolded her, bringing Rin back into reality.

"Yosh!" She mumbled and started her small treasure hunt to find something to wear, again.

She hesitantly wore a blue dress she had once got as a present from her brother, Ryouta a few years back. The dress fit neatly on her small body and she was thankful for that, meaning her body hadn't changed a lot. It reached her mid thighs with short lightly ruffled sleeves that were black at the end, same for the hem of the dress. She put on her matching blue belt and a silver necklace with different lengths. After that she pulled her heels on, not on the tall side but with a rather short heel and applied some make up trying ignore the irritating jingle the button around her wrist made. 

She stared down at the blue ribbon around her wrist and the pinned button she once got from him.  Got was an understatement though. She remember that he had ripped it from his jacket and threw it on the ground at her feet, before he left her alone and ashamed in a class full of students, to wallow in her own self pity and anger. Rin was never angry at him though. She was angry at herself for letting her feelings get her carried away by someone she barely knew.

"Rin, are you ready? You're going to be late!" Yoshiko, yelled behind the closed door, startling Rin, making her drop her hair straigthener on the ground thankfully not breaking. She quickly unplugged it and stared at herself one last time in the full length mirror, glued on her closet. 

'Decent.' She mumbled and gathered her script, money, phone, some of her confidence and left the room.

"Good luck sweety!" Rin's mother waved at her as Rin left her apartment in a hurry. Each time she had an audition, she made her mother stay at her apartment the day before and watch a movie or something productive to take Rin's mind off so she would sleep. It was like a ritual and a lucky charm for Rin; she loved her mother to the core of her heart. After mindlessly taking the subway and a bus she stopped in front of the huge glass skyscraper that held some of her future.