[7]

☆☆☆☆☆
Jess and Lukas had let go of each other's hands and were now running towards the direction of the explosions.

Up ahead they spotted a redhead being dragged by Olivia. Along with Axel in front.

"You- what happened?" Jess panted. The three friends were panting as well, Olivia let go of Petra.

"I-It was my fault! I did some snooping around and-" Petra staggered.
"She apparently set off some bombs." Olivia put her hands on her hips.

"Correction. TNT." Axel joked. Olivia rolled her eyes.
"Well...we have to keep moving. We don't know if those creatures might be lurking around." Jess motioned for all of them to head to the Hall.

"Why there?" Olivia asked.
"I need to make sure of...something." Jess sounded doubtful.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.- -

They all walked in silence.
"This place is so...nostalgic." Lukas mentioned with a saddened tone. "Even though it's not our home."

Hnng.

Everyone wasn't paying to their backs. Just what's ahead. That's until Jess turned around in confusion to the sound. Followed by the rest.

A villager had his arm around Petra's neck, in the other free hand was a sword. "Hungry...must...eat..." It's eye was twitching and it's grin was creepy with sharp teeth.

Some of the skin was peeling away, revealing black skin underneath.

"I'm sorry...my guard was down..." Petra struggled.

Olivia readied her bow, so did Axel and Lukas. Jess, although, just stood there. Motionless. Her eyes were widened; hands balled in fists.

He's in the verge of transformation!

"This girl...she's perfect..." The man sniffed her hair.

He started to back away with Petra still in his arm. "Ya'll be wise not to...get...closer or else." He grinned evily. He bit her bandana, pulling it towards him, in attempt to take it off.

"Hey man! Get your filthy mouth off of my-" He tightened his arm around her neck, making her lose more air to finish her complaint.

Axel leaned in towards Jess to whisper. "You make the call. We attack this loser...or you try to smooth talk him...I would personally beat him to a pulp."

Jess smiled mischievously. "I'll give you that honor when it's necessary." She closed her eyes.
"But not right now. We need to deal with him carefully. He's insane, so if we make the wrong move, he won't hesitate to kill Petra. Besides, I won't hear the end of it from..." She opened her eyes and sighed.

She walked foward, making the man raise his sword towards Petra's neck.

Olivia's POV
I aimed my arrow in attempt to aim at the man's forhead. Only problem was, Petra was right in front of him.

He's using her as protection!

I snarled and just kept my arrow aimed. In case I get the chance to shoot.

Lukas leaned in and whispered to me, "Have a clear shot?" He had his vision on Jess and Petra but when he noticed I didn't answer, he looked at me.

I stared straight into his eyes. I thought I saw someone...not my reflection. It was someone very familiar...almost like I knew them for a long time...and they were inside! His eyes. The person was signaling with it's hands...looking panicked. Then another figure came into view.

Blood!

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I flinched when Lukas suddenly turned his head away. I must've creeped him out.

"If your not going to answer...just nod or something." He looked back at me with very light blush on his cheeks. "Don't do that again."

I shook my head. "I saw something in your eyes!"
"What?" He deadpans.
"Blood!"
"What?!" This time he meant it.

"Please." I heard Jess say. Lukas and I turned out attention towards the scene.

Back here

Jess cautiously walked foward, taking small steps at a time. "You don't have to do this. We can give you food and you will be on your way. Besides...humans don't taste good. Our skin is salty when you lick it."

With each step she took, the man took large ones back. Knowing this wasn't working she stopped.
Her eyes shifted towards Petra.

"Screw this!" Petra harshly stomped her foot on the man's only shoe and elbowed him on the chin. Quickly jumping out of way, Olivia grinned.

Chance!

She aimed her arrow and let go. It pierced through his head and he collapsed.
Everyone sighed in relief.

Jess walked towards the body before it disappeared in black smoke. Not dust yet.

"Is this how you deal with my minions?" A familiar voice sounded.

☆☆☆☆
Thanks for reading!