She silences her laughing and looks at me innocently. "Yes, it's fine."

I sigh in relief.

"For a bird's home!" She takes off again along the sandy path, her laughs following.

"Ashlynn!" I run after her, trying but failing to look annoyed.

Flying forward, I tumble over hunching in pain. The world keeps spinning and I keep rolling for forever. My ankle feels like it is on fire.

"Humph!" I lay still on the ground finally, my eyes stinging.

Tiny, sharp pricks stab at the rim of each one, tears appearing in my eyes. I try to stop them. Big girls don't cry.

"Ow..."

Ashlynn comes running over, Brooklynn following. She had been hiding behind a tree, waiting to surprise us. Ashlynn comes straight to me whilst Brooklynn stomps past me and starts to shout at someone.

"Alexis! Are you all right?" she asks, her eyes wide with concern. "Would you like one of my gummy bears? They always make me feel better..."

My head moves from side to side silently. If I speak, I might cry and then everyone would make fun of me!

"Colton, you idiot! You're so stupid! Why would you trip Alexis up? Leave her alone or I'll steal all of the boys' soccer balls and hide them." I turn to see Brooklynn with her hands on her hips, shouting at Colton.

Colton just smiles at her, taunting her. Taunting me.

His eyebrows cover his eyes as they form thin lines. His button-nose slants upwards as if he is better than me.

Was he? I frown. No, he was a bad boy. I don't like him at all, nope, I hate him. I don't think he likes me either.

"You won't be able to because we keep them in a secret place no one knows about." Colton looks down at me, a smug glint in his eyes.

I avoid his eyes and look at the boys standing in a semi-circle behind him. They're pushing and shoving each other, taking turns calling me names. All of them, bar one boy, seem to find Colton's teasing funny. He stands to the side, looking at me sadly.

  "Yes, the boy's toilets are a very secret place." Brooklynn crosses her arms.

Why could she stand up to him and not me? But then again, Brooklynn is tall, so she probably had some sort of tall power. Right?

"Who told you?" Colton turns to look at the boys standing behind him, eyeing them all with accusation.

"Braden." Her devious smile broadens as her head nods in the direction of the accused. At this point Braden is bright red, blushing furiously and looks at the ground.

Hmm, he kind of looked like a tomato. A short tomato.

Braden is tiny and a goody-two-shoes. He has a huge crush on Brooklynn even though, like me, she knows boys have cooties and isn't interested. But I like him. He's nice to me.

Colton's eyes harden as he stares at him before turning to look at me.

"Stay on the ground, that's where peasants and slaves belong. You're good for nothing." He glances at me coldly as I sink further into the ground.

Turning, he walks away with his friends, finally leaving me alone.

Brooklynn and Ashlynn both extend an arm to me, helping me up off the ground and to the medical room. Their eyes watch me like hawks for a few minutes till they transfer their stares to each other. Seemingly speaking in twin code, they turn back to me and try to reassure me, telling me repeatedly that Colton is horrible and isn't telling the truth. But their words fly past me because I'm away in another world.

Colton always makes me so upset. I don't ever do anything to him but he always tries his best to make me cry. He can't though... well, not in front of him. I don't want him to win, even if I can't fight back. But I just don't understand why he always bothers me.

Why does Colton hate me so much?

A/N >> very informal notes just to remind u all!

This is really short bcs its mainly to set the story. Full descriptions of the character will be added where appropriate within the story. Forcing a description of the main characters can really hurt the flow of the story!

I hope you like it though?

UPDATE: I know some of you feel that by Colton expressing his opinion on Alexis through slightly bigger words like 'peasant' and 'slave' is unlikely but I want to clarify on this. Children call each other words without knowing the meaning of them. Through a pirate show on the TV capturing a villain and forcing him as a slave or through other means, they can pick up on things. I live with an 9 year old sister and she has been saying these words for many years. I also have a 5 year old cousin and just last week he called me a peasant and then burst out laughing. They hear things and they repeat things, it's what children do. Now, I'm not saying my family walk around and call each other peasants and slaves but children's classmates come up with many peculiar insults that have no meaning. Being called a 'poopy head' isn't that offensive, it's actually more funny, but these are the insults children use and get incredibly upset about. Or they laugh and call the person a 'vegetable head' but well, it varies. I actually had a friend who for 7 solid years of primary school made peasant her favourite insult. Can't count the times she called me it. But eh, she was ginger and feisty so she usually got into squabbles over anything, including definitions of words. Oh, I love that red head... anyway, I'm drifting. My point is, I understand that not a lot of you still live with children or maybe, know children who have developed differently, but it's still within their vocabulary level so therefore is acceptable, I feel, to have within my book. Plus, it's quite controversial apparently and hey, who am I to silence your creative voice?

_______
Qotc: What's your Favourite book on wattpad?
_____

LOVE YOU ALL!