Chapter 22 On the Road Again

Mustafa Almadi glared at Jet as the last pages of the documents were finally whipped into something agreeable to both parties. "I think you're favored more in the documents at the end of the day, my friend."

I don't know about "friend," Jet smirked.

"It's like you had a revelation."

More like I'm on to you.

"But I think we have something that will benefit each party. You know this game is going to be a global game changer. It will make Halo look like nursery school."

Jet smiled, "Can we sign the papers now? I have a wedding to attend."

Mustafa rose from the table and squeezed his bulk around until he reached Jet. His beefy hand slapped Jet on the shoulder. "You, my friend, are a formidable negotiator. I must admit I thought you were under my thumb this morning. But I'm glad you became astute. It has made this transaction memorable. And we shall do this again with your next app; aye, my friend." He reached in his pocket and handed Jet a pen.

"We shall, Mustafa. I've been pleased with our working relationship in the past."

While Jet was signing his name to the document, Mustafa was signing a check. As Jet slid the paper over for him to sign, the Egyptian slid the check over to Jet. "This is a wedding present for your bride. Tell her I am so very sorry for disturbing your nuptials, but I must be in China and I wanted this handled before I left."

Jet gazed at the $25,000 figure and laughed. "This is more than generous. I really can't accept this."

"But you must." He lifted the check and tucked it in Jet's hand. "What is $25,000 between you and me? We have billions. She'll enjoy a trip around the world somewhere and some of the finer shopping districts, no?"

He looked up at Mustafa and smiled. "All right. Thank you for your gift."

Garret was so relieved that the meeting finally came to an end. He gathered all the papers together. "Well, gentlemen, we have another hit on our hands. This is going to be the biggest yet." All the parties in the room shook hands. They all stood around making small talk until Jet's phone rang. He stepped out into the hall.

"Hey, Justin, you called at a good time. We just signed the papers. What's up?"

"I'm so glad I caught you before you got on the plane."

Jet heard the stress in Justin's voice and got alarmed. "Something is wrong. What's wrong? Is Sloan okay?"

"You need to get back here immediately. I know you told me that you have a seven-hour return flight because of a layover in Dallas. Don't take it. You need to charter a plane, now."

Oh, my God. "Has something happened to Sloan, and are the rest of you okay?" His pulse soared when he heard Justin cracking under an obviously overwhelming set of circumstances. "Justin, please let me know what's happening." He heard his brother groan and his heart plummeted.

"Oh, Jet, I hate to tell you this, but Alana is here and she's pregnant."

"What?" Jet fell back against the wall. He felt as if the cold steel of a gun was pressed against his chest. He collapsed, sliding down as the bullet exploded, ripping out his heart. He was sitting on his haunches shaking violently. "Oh, my God, no, please no."

"I'm at the Double Tree hotel in Room 518. Can you remember that? No. I'll text it to you. I'm here with Alana. She thinks I'm you. I got her to spill her guts. And it's pretty bad because Sloan knows."