“What brings you here, sweetie?” Mom asked.

Dad followed. “And why is this man here?” He was pertaining to Justin. His eyes were looking at him intently. After what happened to me and Justin before, he disliked him.

“It’s okay, Dad.” I answered.

Mom, looking outside, asked again. “Where’s Vince? He should be with you, right?”

A frown was instantly painted to my face. Justin looked at me, as well as Mom and Dad. A brief silence filled the air.

“I –“ I said, in a weak, shaky voice. “I’m going to my room.”

I am very well aware that my response would leave my parents intrigue. They were clueless about everything – since the beginning. And I don’t want to tell them, especially what I saw the last time. I don’t want them to despise Vince. It was not his fault. We weren’t in love so he could do whatever he wants to do with whomever.

My room was still like what it was before I left. Somehow, I feel safe and secured. It was very different from my room back in the Coax’s mansion and I guess that would help me forget about my stay there.

As I walked around the room, I passed on a spot where pictures were hung and placed. They were still the same pictures – pictures of me as a kid, as a teenager, pictures of me with my mom and dad and…

My heart skipped a beat when I noticed a new picture on a frame. It was a collage of pictures of Vince and me on our engagement party. One picture shows Vince and I standing beside each other with his hand wrapped on my waist; the other was a picture of him giving me a spoonful of cake; the other was a picture of us holding each other’s hands; a picture of him hugging me from the back.

It was a happy moment. But…it was also I moment I should try not to remember.

I lied down my bed after I finished unpacking my things. My eyes shifted on the clock and noticed the time – 8:13pm. Maddie would probably be washing the dishes at this time. Diane usually texts me after dinner. Rupert might be taking his last wipes on the cars at this point. Before, I remember Dave usually goes home this time after spending the whole afternoon of playing video games with Vince.

Then, I froze.

Vince. What could he be doing right now? Is he home? Or is he still with Elaine? Then I remember, it was around this same time when Dave and I saw them at her room.

A knock on the door caught my attention. I immediately sat up. “Come in.”

The door opened and entered my Mom.

I forced a smile. “Hi Mom.”

“You didn’t went down for dinner.” She told me as she sat beside me on my bed.

“I’m not hungry.”

Mom didn’t answer. Instead she just stared at me and looked directly into my eyes without saying anything. Instantly, I felt nervous. I know she sensed that something’s wrong.

I took a deep breath and started talking. “Fine. Something’s wrong.”

“I know.” She answered calmly. “Tell me.”

“Vince and I are not getting married anymore, Mom.”

She was taken aback. “What?! Why? Did you fight or something?”

I shook my head.

“Then why?”

“Because – “ I trailed off. “Because we’re not really engaged. I mean, yes we were engaged but –“ Tears were starting to well up my eyes. “But we were not really in love. We’re just pretending all this time, Mom. I’m – I’m sorry.” Then I began to cry.

“You mean to say that, you two were just pretending to be in love?”

I nodded simply. “I really am sorry, Mom. I know I should’ve told you earlier but – “

“It’s okay.” She answered, which took me by surprise.

“Really?” I answered, still in tears.

My Mom simply nodded. “Because you’re not pretending anymore.”

My forehead creased in confusion. But after a split second, I understood. Then, more tears came out from my eyes. I buried my face in my mother’s chest as I hug her. “I thought it was hard to pretend that I am in love with him. But…” I sobbed. “…it’s harder to pretend that I am not.”

My mom gently caressed my back. “I understand. Sometimes it is harder to admit what you feel than to deny it.”

Her words cleared everything in my mind. Mom saw it. And now I am certain – I am in love with him.

***********************************

okay, can't wait for your reactions. Hehe

Vote, commnt and fan! :D