chp. 26

Slowly I followed Harry up the back stairs towards his flat, I can feel my heart rapidly beating in my chest. I couldn't believe I had actually agreed to come upstairs. What was I thinking? I know the answer to that... I wasn't thinking.

Or maybe I was. There was that small part of me that didn't want to leave. Harry repeatedly told me that tonight was my fault, maybe that small part of me wanted to know exactly what he meant by that. Or so I kept telling myself that anyways.

I watched in silence as he unlocks the back door to his flat, the breeze had picked up sending goose bumps across my skin. Hearing the latch click unlock he pushes the door opened and walks in. I hesitate however, was I really going to do this? I could hear everyone's voice in my head telling me what a horrible idea this was. To run away, get in your truck and speed away without a second glance back. I can hear Tyler's voice in my head, telling me how horrible this was, that Harry was only trouble.

Which all the voices were right, this was a horrible idea, Harry was only trouble and has only brought chaos to my life since day one.

"Are you coming?" his soft raspy voice asked me breaking my concentration.

Pushing all the voices aside and listening to mine only I stepped over the threshold into his flat, if at all possible my heart began beating faster once he shut the door behind me flicking on the hallway light.

Behind me I heard him shuffling around, while I remained frozen in my spot still stunned that I was here. But in the end it was my decision, and mine alone that brought me here. Harry walked around me into his spacious flat. I watched him as he walked away, it was strange how I could make out every muscle in his back flexing and contouring under his loose white t-shirt.

Taking my eyes away from Harry I looked over his flat from my spot, which was easy considering it was an open floor plan. I stood in a small alcove that opened into what appeared to be the living room and kitchen, only separated by a small island. To my left was a closed door, either a bathroom or a closet by my guess. Then to my right was a winding stair case, I'm guess his room was up there since there was no indication of a bed down stairs. Note to self, stay away from those stairs.

I didn't imagine his place being the way it was. I guess I was expecting the dirty, trashed bacholar pad rather than a spottless living area. So cleaned I wonder if he actually lived here.

A low chuckle brought my attention to Harry who leaned against the small island. His piercing green eyes fixed on me as his arms crossed over his chest making his muscles strain against the fabric of his shirt... Lord have mercy.

"Are you going to stand there all creepy or come in?"

My lips twitched into a pathetic smile as I slipped my shoes off, Harry's eyes on me as I did so. "What a water or something?" he asked.

"Water is fine." I said softly taking a few steps further into his flat. I heard him open the fridge as I walked past the kitchen area into the middle of the flat. It had high ceilings through half of it while the other half was cut off by a wall, no doubt the wall of his bedroom. It was incredibly bare I noticed, the walls all painted a pale cream color. The furniture very plane with no personality put into them, on one wall there was a t.v sitting on a large entertainment center filled with dvd's and games. The living room was cut in half by a large sectional black leather couch, screaming male.

I walked around the couch searching for any pictures of Harry, but I couldn't find any not one of him or even of someone else. No family portroit was in sight. Even the fire place mantal was bare except for a candle that appeared to still be in the original packaging. I found it incredibly sad that it seemed so empty in here. There was nothing to bring those happy memories, nothing that would even give you the slightest clue about Harry's live. But maybe that was the way he wanted it.