Chapter 13 Always A Price

Thursday was normal and I decided I would stop being mad at court, mar and the boys since I was going to the party with them today. It was finally Friday and I couldn't contain my excitement.

I made sure that I looked even better than I did on the first day and ran down the stairs with a huge smile glued to my face.

"What happened to you?" Ben questioned as I opened the fridge and grabbed some leftover scrambled eggs.

"Oh nothing just excited," I said giggling a bit at the end.

"Excited for what Theo said, kissing my forehead and grabbing headache medicine from the spice rack.

"For the party of course!" I put the eggs in the microwave and skipped to the table.

"Is she high?" Chad said while walking in the kitchen without a shirt on.

"We are leaving soon, better go put a shirt on quick," Liam said from the other side of the kitchen, I didn't even notice he was here.

Chad flexed his "muscles" and we all laughed,"Hey kiddo, don't try to show off if you got nothing to show," Peter said while patting Chad's shoulder. He rolled his eyes and stormed up the stairs.

"So Laurel, about this party, I'm not sure if you should go," Ben said and my mood instantly changed.

"No no no no no! You have to let me go! Peter and Chad will be there!" I was right up to Ben's face, he was the only one I had to look up when I talked to him.

"Haha I'm not going to a stupid juniors party," Peter chuckled while stuffing his face with a huge spoonful of cereal.

"Don't call him stupid! He's a very, nice junior," I could not let the boys know I liked Zane.

"Oh now I'm definitely sure you shouldn't go," Ben said in a strict tone.

"Ben, big bro, homie B. Listen, I know you haven't been to a party since the 80's," he rolled his eyes,"But I'm a teenage girl in a house full of boys. Plus everyone thinks Callan and I are dating so most boys don't step near me," I smile as big as I could.

Someone was choking on their cereal and laughing like crazy, "You, and Callan? Hahaha! I'm dying someone help me please!" Peter was on the floor and I was about to punch him when I felt Ben's hand wrap around my wrist. He was strong.

"Fine, you can go," I jumped up and hugged him,"If, you clean the kitchen when you get home," there's always a price.

"What! But I have to," I forgot what I told Chad I was going to do.

"You have to what?" Ben was staring down at me.

"Movies! I have to uh go to the uh movies with, Caroline! Yeah, Caroline!" He gave me an odd look.

"Well, of you want to go to that party I better see these floors sparkle," he said with a smile.

"Let's go!" Peter had gotten off the floor and was standing by the front door. I ran past him and jumped in the front seat, locking the door so he had to sit in the back.

When he walked up to my door and gave me the look I just smiled and went on my phone.

The whole school day was kind of a disappointment, Areea wasn't in class again and Zane sat across the room from me with Chad and his other friends. Chad probably did it on purpose, he's a jerk so it was expected.

We got home and I immediately ran to the kitchen and grabbed all the cleaning supplies o could under the sink. I had two and a half hoes to clean the kitchen and get ready in time to leave by 5:30. I got this.

2 hours later

I don't got this I don't got this I don't got this. I was almost done in the kitchen, just needed to do the dishes. Then I still had to get ready. I'm screwed, completely and utterly screwed.

The dishes wee finished and I had about 15 minutes to get ready. I rushed through redoing my makeup and ran o my closet to pick out a dress. I don't usually like to wear dresses but today was a special occasion.

I picked out a peach colored dress that went down to right about my knees and had colorful embroidery along the neckline. I grabbed my brown heels and ran downstairs.

"Chad let's go!" I banged on his door trying to put my shoes on while standing up, I eventually gave up and sat down on the couch to get them on.

"Laurel! Ben asked me to give you something before you left, come down here!" I heard Liam shout from the basement. I hated going into the basement.

"Make it quick!" I ran into his room and he shut the door behind me.

" I know you're not going to the movies with Caroline," I was shocked. How did he know?

"How did you-" he cut me off.

"Listen, I don't know who you are going with but in case it is a boy, please just don't do anything stupid," he hugged me and my mouth still hung open.

"Okay," I said back.

"Promise?"

"I promise," he released me and I ran upstairs and out the door to the car. It was nice that Liam cared about me but I have no idea how he knew. Butterflies swiveled in my stomach as I went on Instagram to clear my mind and get rid of my nerves. I couldn't help it, this was my first date. And my brothers had no clue. I just hope they don't find out, or else they'd all kill me.