Chapter 8 Not What It Sounds Like!

I looked at my phone, almost stunned. Was he really snap chatting me? I mean I'm just a stupid white girl and he's a gorgeous... now that I think about it, I have no idea what culture he is. But whatever he is, it's hot.

I unlocked my phone and tried to act calm even though I was internally screaming. I slid open the tab and read the word "hey". It was small but somehow it meant the world to me. Gosh I hate myself.

I replied with "hey, what's up" cause I didn't really know what to say in this kind of conversation with someone I know nothing about.

Areea - nothing much I was just bored

Laurel - oh so I'm a last resort

Areea - no I just wanted someone cool to talk to

Laurel - now were talking

We went on texting until past midnight and I was almost dead tired. I learned that he was half Brazilian half Asian which I did t think would be the perfect combination until now. We also played 100 questions and revealed a lot of secrets to each other. I don't know why I would tell everything to one of the biggest bad boys in our grade. After texting for hours, I feel asleep forgetting to turn my alarm on to wake me up.

"Laurel! You better be up in five minutes or I'm getting the bucket!" I couldn't tell who it was but it was most likely Ben. I was not looking forward to getting a bucket of water dumped on me so I got up but soon fell back on the bed.

"Laurel!" I heard as Peter burst into the room and grabbed my phone. I quickly got up and tried to get it back but he was too tall. The scariest thing was he knew my password and I could see a message from Areea on the screen. I was excited he texted me but nervous for what Peter would do.

"Who the hell, is this Areea kid?!" I shut the door and pushed him against the wall.

"It's pronounced like Aria 1. And 2. It is NONE of your business!" I kept trying to reach for the phone but he wouldn't give up.

"Of course its my business! Why do you care so much if it's not important?" He had a wide smirk on his face.

"I-I don't!" I tried to hold my head high.

"Oh really, then how would you feel if we read his message huh?"

"I swear I'm gonna kill you!" I kept clawing at my phone.

"What was that? You want me to get Ben and Theo?"

"Peter I promise I will do anything! Just do not tell them!" He put my phone in his pocket and I lowered my hands.

"Anything?"

"Anything,"

"Well, I guess if we shake on it then I could let this one slide," he handed me my phone back and I held it tightly in my grip. He did a stupid handshake where we pinky shook and had to "promise to keep our deal". I kicked him out after so I could change as quickly as I could. Before I left the room, I check to see what Areea had said. "Do you wanna go on a date or something?" My heart stopped. Did he just? Did a bad boy just? Am I going on a date with a bad boy?

I replied with "sure where at?" to make it seem like I was being chill about the whole situation and ran down to the car just in time. The boys kept giving me weird looks and my smile was beaming off my face. Peter dampened my mood though, I had no idea what he wanted me to do for him but it was not going to be good.

As soon as he parked, I ran out of the car. We had been running a little late because Peter and I's argument. There was a group of kids smoking outside of the library and I rolled my eyes, until I heard one of them call my name.

"Laurel! Hey!" It was Areea, standing in the middle of the group luckily he didn't have a cigarette.

"Oh hey! What's up," he walked over and kissed me right in the lips. I was so stunned and shocked I didn't know what to do. Did I kiss back or did I pull away. After trying to decide, I ended up doing nothing and he eventually pulled out and smiled his radiant white teeth and whispered in my ear.

"Friday 6pm at the movies sound good?" I nodded still shocked.

"Good, see you then," he kissed me on the cheek and left back to his friends. I turned to walk into the library, my mouth was still wide open. That was my first kiss, and-and it wasn't even that romantic. What the heck is wrong with me!

"What. The heck. Was that?" Marisa looked at me, stunned.

"Laurel! What are you doing!" Bennett ran up to me and punched me in the shoulder.

"Ow what the heck!" I punched him back,"Listen," by now Courtney and Callan were here, staring at me,"I was texting him last night and then this morning he asked me on a date," they continued to look at me with strange faces.

"Do you even know his name?"It was callan this time. Sometimes it felt like Bennett and Callan were like my brothers, they definitely treated me like I was their little sister.

"Yes of course I know his name! It's Areea," Laughter erupted from the group.

"Aria? Like on pretty little liars?" Courtney said while laughing.

"No! It's A-r-e-e-a! Oh my gosh why is that so hard for people to understand!" I was getting frustrated now.

"Oh, does someone have another crush?" Marisa said taunting me.

"Okay my life is not yours now shut up! All of you! I can kiss boys if I want! I don't have to listen to anyone else besides myself! Am I clear?" I was shouting in the library, for everyone to hear.

"Oh I think we're clear," there was a voice from behind me that scared me to death. I turned to see Peter and I felt my face go bright red.

"Peter it's not what it sounds like-"

"Oh I think it's exactly what it sound like," he began pulling my arm towards the upper level of the library where no one ever went.

"No stop please it's not-" I kept trying to pull myself away but I knew he was too strong for me," Callan! Bennett! Help me!"

"I think a talk with your big bro would do you some good," Callan said as he waved goodbye to me.

I'm a dead man now.