Chapter 3: Fairy Tail!

Start from the beginning

"Eh..?!"  Lucy exclaimed, sitting straight up.  "Ehh?!"  She exclaimed again when she saw Happy at the foot of the bed and Natsu next to her.

Lucy shot off the bed like a rocket and scootched back on the floor with her hands and feet.  She slammed into the wall behind her, staring wide-eyed at the two partners who began to stir.

"Oh?"  Natsu began, yawning.  "What is it, Luce?"

"W-What are you doing?!"  Lucy squeaked, pulling her hood over her head to hide her embarrassment.

"What do you think?  We were sleepin'."  Natsu replied simply, laying back on the pillows drowsily.

"We didn't have a place to sleep except with you, Lu-shee!"  Happy replied, rubbing his paw over his eyes.

"Eh?"  Lucy began, realizing they were right.  "S-Sorry.  I didn't know..."

Natsu groaned.  "It doesn't matter anymore.  I wanna sleep some more!"  He whined.

Lucy smiled slightly.

"Lucy, who are you looking for?"  Happy asked, walking over to her.

"Nani?"  Lucy replied, confused.

Natsu rested his head in his palm, propping it up against the pillow.  "You were talkin' in your sleep.  You said you were looking for someone."

Lucy started.  I talk in my sleep?  "Uh, just someone who I thought could help me."

"Help you with what?"  Happy pressed, eating another fish that had--Lucy noticed--came out of nowhere.

Lucy sighed, standing.  "You remember those guys from last night?  Well, they work for someone who's after me.  They aren't with the government."

"Who's after you, Lu-shee?"  Happy asked, both him and Natsu intrigued.

Lucy looked at them with a sad yet apologetic smile.  "If I tell you, it'll be confusing.  I'll have to start from the beginning."

Natsu and Happy looked at each other in question, but then turned back to Lucy and nodded.

Lucy sighed.  "Alright then..."  

Sitting down, Lucy began her story.

"When I was little, I didn't know I was a Celestial Spirit Mage,"  Lucy replied, looking sadly into space; she could almost recall the memories exactly.  "I had heard about how evil they were, because they used celestial spirits to do their evil bidding.  I was scared of them."  Lucy laughed slightly, but there was no heart in it.  "It's ironic...  Anyway, I learned shortly after my mother died that I had the power to summon spirits.  My father..."  Lucy sighed.  "...he had become slightly abusive and angry after she had died.  I realize now it was because he missed Momma so much, but I didn't know it back then."

Lucy glanced at the duo.  "So, I ran.  It wasn't until I experienced the outside world as a Celestial Mage for the first time did I realize how bad everyone's perception of me was."  Lucy's eyes narrowed.  "I didn't understand it.  No one really knew who I was, yet they still judged me like they knew me all along,"  Happiness twinkled in Lucy's eyes as she continued to explain.  "When I had first met my Celestial Spirits, they had seemed so sad and broken.  Like they had been put through some awful things.  I didn't want them to think I would treat them that way."

Lucy laughed slightly.  "Loke told me that he knew I was different from previous Celestial Mages because the first thing I did when I met them was hug them all.  I called them my friends, and I hoped we could work together and form close bonds.  He told me...that I was the first Celestial Mage in a long time to treat them that way."  Lucy looked up at Natsu.  "Is that true?  Have the last ones really caused so much trouble?"