Chapter 6: What A Cute Child!

Start from the beginning

Hoseok's smile fell at that.

You simple grinned further.

"What? I say something wrong?" you asked, suddenly amused by his face.

"Idol rappers can be just as talented as underground scenes...the image of being under a company doesn't change how talented someone is," Hoseok said softly, his mind directly focused on Namjoon and Yoongi and how they constantly struggled with the stigma.

"Hm," you said, smiling a little genuinely at that. You could see your comment hit a nerve and although you would've loved to be jumping around in joy from seeing him upset, something within you didn't approve of it. There was still a part of you that cared for the man's smile. "Well, I admit you and your members have talent...you're all heading strongly in the direction I'm guessing you had dreamed for."

Hoseok's brows furrowed a little at that. You voice was almost...sweet?

"Have you uh," Hoseok licked his bottom lip, growing uneasy as time went by, "Have you watched me?"

Your brows knit when seeing him ask you that. It was one thing to have such nerve, but to ask the mother of the child you abandoned if she had watched you grow successful without her by your side was one hell of a long stretch.

"No," you admitted honestly, "You ruined the Kpop thing for me, so congrats on that. I'm more of a Khip-hop kind of gal now."

Hoseok's heart fell a bit at the first bit, but it lifted near the end of it all. He smiled. "Ah, Khip-hop, me too. I enjoy many artists, I—"

"Look," you popped out, eyes narrowing, "I'd lie and say that I'd love to stay at my hotel door, practically naked, and bored...while fangirling with you about rap...but as I said, I'd be lying. So, if you'd kindly leave me alone and be 'young forever' somewhere else, that would be great."

Hoseok smiled at that, his eyes narrowing.

"So, you have watched me," he whispered out, eyes almost a little shy when spotting the reference you let slip out.

You were amused over the fact that he didn't hear the rest of your little rant apart from what he wanted to hear in that moment. Jaw clenching, you got your hand ready on the knob of the door again.

This time...

This time you were ready to slam it in his face. You were done.

You were—and forever will be—done with Jung Hoseok.

"Listen you," you pursed your lips, not knowing how to curse the man out, "y-you horse lookin' ass. Leave alright? Leave and don't ever come back. If you do dare choose to again, I'll truly test if you're really bulletproof or not."

Hoseok was a smiling idiot at that.

Hoseok's smile irritated you. Not because of the sight of it, but because your heart and stomach were reacting in ways you despised. Groaning, you shut the door loud and hard in his face.

Hoseok moved back a little, but he let his amused words slip out.

"Horse and bulletproof I—"

"I have not watched you or your precious little group!" you chimed out from past the door, knowing he was probably still smiling.

"Sure, you haven't," Hoseok chimed in, laughing a little as he moved closer to the door.

There was silence from the other end for a long while. Hoseok's once amused form fell into a soft and gentle smiling state. His eyes were sad however as he looked at the dull colour of the door before him.