Chapter 14:-

Chapter 14:-

I slam the door as I enter the Hardgrave household, making my presence known. Kate steps out of the kitchen and looks at me sadly, “so you heard?” I snap. She nods,

“You know Sophia, you can’t really break up with him” she whispers.

“YES I CAN. I WILL NOT BE FORCED INTO THIS. I JUST…I JUST NEED MY LIFE BACK. THIS IS NOT WORKING. We don’t even have feelings for each other…” I trail off and look at the ceiling.

“If you didn’t have feelings for each other this wouldn’t affect you” Kate points out, I glare at her and drop my bags. “What about your father? Would he want this?” she adds, I freeze.

“Yes, yes he would. He wouldn’t want me to be unhappy. He and Tony would probably kill Nathan” I retort, Kate shakes her head.

“Everything will be okay Sophia, it will die down soon. Nathan feels terrible, he loves you.”

“If he loved me he wouldn’t have cheated”

“I know it was wrong of him but he uses sex with strangers as a coping mechanism, he’s been really stressed lately. But it won’t happen again, promise” Kate walks forward and takes my hands in hers. “Please give him another chance”

“Fine, but I want to go home for a week” I whisper.

“This is your home”

“No it’s not. I want to see Tony and Emily and mum. Just a week, I promise to come back” I beg, she nods.

“Okay, I’ll have the jet ready for tonight. Go pack” she says, I bound off happily up the stairs, opening the bedroom door to Nathan. “Oh, hey” I mutter, he nods and looks at the floor.

“I’m really sorry Soph”

“I forgive you” I whisper, he looks up and grins. “But I’m going away for a week” I add, he walks towards me and kisses my cheek.

“Where? Can I come?”

“No, I’m spending time with my family” I say, pulling away and grabbing my suitcase full of clothes. Nathan grabs my hand, turning me to face him. “Please stay, please” he begs but I shake my head. “This will be good. I’ll be back at the end of the week. Bye” I kiss his cheek briefly before walking off.

~~

The plane touches down and I depart, I go through the Hardgrave’s private channel and come up to a taxi. I recall my previous address and sleep lightly in the back as we drive down.

~~

“Miss? We’re here” the driver says, I throw my money in the front seat and run out. Nearly forgetting my bag if it wasn’t for the boot popping open, I grab my bag and head to the front door. Ringing the doorbell I wait patiently for someone to open the door, after a minute Tony opens it. “Soph?” he questions, I nod and run into his arms. He tightly hugs me, kissing the top of my head. “This is such a surprise. What are you doing here?” he asks.

“Nathan and I got into a fight, I told the Hardgrave’s I was coming home for a week” I explain, Tony pulls me closer again before we pulls me inside. Emily stands at the foot of the stairs, a small baby bump obvious. “Oh my gosh, you’re glowing” I say excitedly, she beams at me and opens her arms up for a hug. I run to her and rub her stomach, “is it a girl or a boy?” I ask.

“It’s a surprise” Emily whispers, her eyes filled with happy tears.

“Oh I’m so happy for you both” I gush, Tony smiles and hugs Emily from behind. Sadness on his face, “Sophia I need to tell you something” he whispers.