Chapter 3:-

Chapter 3:-

I know I shouldn’t be walking around on my own, especially when I know I’m in the bad part of Vesria, but I can’t stay in that stupid house any longer. Especially alone with Nathan, the stupid man whore. I’ve been wandering around for about an hour now, the first half was spent running and now I have no idea where I am. I turn a corner into a darker street, it’s lined with shabby houses and the ‘poorer’ people of Vesria. Just as I’m nearing the corner I’m cornered by an older guy, he pushes me up against the wall and holds a knife against my neck. I go to scream but he covers my mouth with his hand. “Give me all your money” he says in a deep voice,

“I don’t have any” I mumble, as my words are blocked by his hand.

“What?” he snaps, taking his hand away.

“I ran away, it didn’t occur to me to bring money” I state.

“Oi leave her alone” someone yells, my attacker turns, freaks out and runs. “Are you okay?” the guys asks once my attackers gone.

“Yep” I reply, trying desperately hard not to break down and curl into a ball like the pathetic person I am. “I’m Jayden” he smiles, holding out his hand. To be polite I shake it,

“Sophia.”

“I haven’t seen you around like ever? Did you come on holiday or?” he asks, leaving the sentence unfinished.

“No, well sorta. It’s hard to explain. I guess you could say I’m staying with a family acquaintance?” I wonder, not really sure what to call it. I don’t want to sound pathetic and tell him I’m here for an arranged marriage that I’m trying to get out of. “Really, whom may I ask?”

“Hardgrave’s” I whisper.

“Oh, well you’re a little far from home” he chuckles.

“That’s the point”

“Oh, do you want to talk about it?”

“No thank you, um I have to go but you should text me sometime” I flirt, trying hard to make at least one friend here.

“Yeah, put your number in my phone” he says, handing me his iPhone 5, being quick I put my number in. “See you around I guess” I say flirtatiously, he smiles and I run off.

~~

With no desire to head back to the mansion I walk around the streets, near the city. After a while I get a call from a private number, “hello?” I question.

“Oh my gosh Sophia you’re safe!”

“Who’s this?” I wonder.

“Bailey”

“Oh sorry Bailey” I mumble, slightly embarrassed I didn’t know.

“It’s fine but you need to come back! Mum and dad will be home soon and they’ll freak if you’re not here. I know that Nath is a dick but please push it aside and come home” she begs.

“Um I don’t know how to get back, I have no idea where I am. Somewhere in the city” I guess.

“Okay well look for a street name?” she asks.

“Um Banks Street”

“Okay, I’ll send a car. Stay where you are. Do not move. It’ll be like 10 minutes” she orders.

“Goodbye Bailey” I say, hanging up. It sucks that there sending a car, technically I could’ve lied but I don’t want to get in their bad books just yet. That’s not a part of the non-existent plan.