Chapter 23

Okay well I love how many reads I have gotten!!! It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Why do I have to have so many guys in my life? Is it always like this? Would they even still like me if I changed back to my old weird self? That's the question that has always been stuck in my head. Do they only like me because I've changed? I hope not. I hope they like me because of me. I guess there is only one way to find out. Wig and clothes shopping!

*****************************************************************************************************************

  "Um mam are you sure you want this wig," the old, burly, lady asked as I set the ugliest wig in the world on the store counter. I'm not sure if there is an uglier one than it. Luckily it was my hair color.

  "Yeah. Isn't it beautiful," I asked with sarcasm filling in my voice.

  "Oh definitely. It's gorgeous," I could hear that she was lieing because after every word she stuttered. It was only fifty dollars so I swiped my credit card, grabbed the wig, and headed out. Time to go to the ugliest clothes store in town, the store where I used to shop.

  I was in one of those areas where there were a bunch of stores put together and luckily the store I was talking about was in it. The store was Walmart. In my opinion they do not have good clothes or shoes. Well, sometimes they have good flats but that's it! I walked in while swaying my hips from side to side. At some moment on my way to Walmart I spotted a old man staring at my butt.

  "Sicko," I muttered. 

  Here I was. Walking into Walmart. The cold air hit against me making me shutter as I entered through the doors. Do they not have heaters here or something? Oh well.

  "Vanessa," why did that voice sound familiar? I turned to the doors only to spot Devin. Why does he keep reappearing?

  "Devin," I said back before walking forward again.

  "Wait! I need to ask you something," he grabbed onto my shoulder and twisted me around so I could face him.

   "Fine. What do you want," I asked angrily.

  "I know this might be weird but things are really bad at home. I mean like really, really bad. My father got drunk last night and to make it better my mom did too. They went crazy! Beer bottles were flying across the room. I was just wondering if I could stay at your place again until it cools down," he asked.

   I can't turn him down because if I do I will feel like a bad person. Sometimes I hate being me.

  "Um...Sure," I said.

  "Okay. I still got your house key so I guess I will see you there," he said.

  He still has my house key? I thought I took that back.  I nodded my head okay and before he left he added something. "And I'm sorry. I really thought we were meant to be together. And one day I hope you'll find it in your heart that I did not lie to you when I said I didn't kiss her back." I know you didn't and I should be the one saying sorry. That was what I wanted to say but nothing came out I just let him walk out the doors of the Walmart. Then it hit me. Devin is staying with me again. How was that going to work out? Turn me ugly again plan has gone out of business. I'm going home.

****************************************************************************************************************

  "Hello," I asked as I entered the doors to my home.

  "I'm in the kitchen," I heard Devin yell.

   I walked over to the kitchen and smiled at what I saw. Devin was standing there in an apron with what looked like circled shaped dough all over him.

   "What are you doing," I asked him while trying to hold back a laugh.

   "I was trying to make a thank you pizza but that did not work out as planned. How do cooks do this," he asked.

  "Well they are actually professionals," I said.

  I walked over to him while avoiding some dough that landed on the ground. My hands reached up to his head and grabbed onto the dough, pulling it of one by one.

  "What? I'm not a professional," he asked.

  "No, unless you count all this professional," I said.

   "My point exactly."

  "Wow. You are going to have to wash the dough out of your hair because I think it's in there good. It''s like how Syrup get's stuck to your hair. Which I hate because it get's it all stringy and ----," he cupped his hand over my mouth signalling for me to stop.

    A blush slowly crept across my face,"Oh sorry," I muttered.

  "It's okay because I think it's cute when you ramble on like that," that did not help the blush because I felt it grow bigger.

   "Stop that," I said.

   "Stop what," he asked.

   "Stop making me feel weird," I blushed.

  "Me? Making you feel weird? No way," he said playfully.

   Before I could respond to all that he pecked me on the cheek. In no time though I was blasting out of the kitchen and into my room, slamming the door shut and locking it. What was that? I can't kiss him! What about Levi? Wasn't I suppose to give him a chance? Why are relationships so hard? This is really getting on my nerves. 

 ************

Wow! Devin has returned! I wonder how all of this is going to play out.... : )

Teaser: Vanessa avoids Devin and finally gets her act together and calls Levi back! : )

If you have any suggestions for future chapters then please say so in the comments or in a message! Thanks!