Chapter 4

It has been a whole week sense the big accsident and now I am home, with Gabe at my side. Me and him have been hanging out a lot. There has been no moment I have not been with him other than when I have to go to bed and classes were not in together at school. I think he is growing on me.

"What are you thinking about," Gabe asked.

I turned to him not really sure if I should answer. "Uh nothing I was just thinking about what we should get for dinner," I said.

It's the truth though I am starving and I really need some food. "What about chinese? I have the number in my phone," he said.

"Sure."

After he ordered me and him sat quitly in my room. It was baby blue with spots of hot pink all around making it look amazing. Pictures were all over the place, of the ones I love, and my friends.

"We should add me up there," Gabe said.

"Why," I asked.

"We are really good friends now even though it has only been a week and 1 day," he said.

He was right we were really close friends now, it was like it was meant to be. Then there was a big crash downstairs. I instantly turned to Gabe frightened.

"What was that," I asked.

"I'm not sure," he replied.

It could be my mom but she was on a date... then Gabe stood up and I followed.

"Where are you going," I asked quickly.

"Well what if it is a burgular? I don't want them to steal all of your stuff," he said.

"If you go then I am going with you," I said urgently.

"No he could be armed. I don't want him to hurt you," he said.

"Isn't it weird that whenever were together something bad always happens," I asked him.

Instead of responding he just chuckled and went for the door. I went after him but before he even had time to open it someone else did, someone we didn't know, someone who was dressed in all black and carrying a gun in his hand.

"Get to the floor now," the stranger yelled.

Me and Gabe did what he said immediatly. Never mess with a crazy guy who is carrying a weapon.

"Leave her alone," Gabe yelled.

"Sorry you both know what I look like and every good bad guy knows to get rid of the witnesses," then after he said that he whacked Gabe in the side of the head making blood pour.

"That should do it, now it's your turn little lady," he said.

Was Gabe gone? He can't be, can he? It was just a whack in the side of the head, could that really kill someone and was he really going to do that to me?

He brought his gun up and swung it down but luckily I got out of the way fast enough. I stood up and forgot he had a gun so I did the first thing that came to my head, I flew myself out my open window. The wind felt good rushing up my skin and the landing didn't hurt bad thanks to my mother's garden, other than the rose thorns. The guy just started shooting randomly out the window not even bothering to look where I was but you could not believe what happened next the guy freaked out and dropped the gun but when he caught it, it was facing him and he shot. He shot himself. Yep this guy is oficially a whacko.

I instantly dropped to the ground and finally let out all the tears I was holding in. That was scary, then I remembered Gabe and started running up to my room. Once there I noticed that Gabe wasn't there, the crazy guy just layed there lifeless and everyone once in a while a leaf flew in and stuck to him. Then I realized there was a dead guy laying in my room and abulances, cops, plus fireman outside my house but where was Gabe? That's when I heard water running, I ran to the bathroom in my room, flung the door open, and there was Gabe standing there while wiping the side of his head with a washcloth.

"Oh my gosh, you're okay," I yelled while running over to him and giving him a big squeeze "I thought I lost you," I whispered.

"You could never lose me," he said then he put one hand under my chin and lifted it up so I was eye to eye with him.

He leaned in and kissed me. I couldn't do it though, I couldn't lose a bestfriend because we started dating. I couldn't lose him because we fought over some couple thing, so I pulled away quickly and ran. I faintly heard him yelling for me to wait but I just kept running, past everyone, and ran until there was no more to be seen. Was I crazy to leave him there? Was I crazy to have ruined my possibly only chance with him? The guy who I knew for a week? The guy I was falling for.

Question: Should Vanessa and Gabe try out being a couple, or should they just stay friends?

Also isn't it funny how when they are together, something always goes wrong?

If you like it then please comment, vote, and become a fan. Thanks!