Jealousy is not a good look for you

Cinder blinked staring at the mirror before her. One of her first acts as Queen of Luna was to unban mirrors. Levana was gone and with her went lots of silly and ridiculous rules Cinder couldn't believe were real. It was like those silly laws you heard about every now and then from a ridiculous video on a netscreen about laws in America.

Cinder pushed her thoughts aside reaching a hand up to her crown which was plastered with jade, a gift from Kai given it was a common gem from the E.C.

She loved her crown because it seemed to always trap her mind into thinking of Kai as well as remind her of her real home, even if Adri and Pearl hadn't made her childhood nice exactly. From the last Cinder heard Adri had made quite a living for herself with her stepfathers lunar blocker. Cinder could care less however, they were no family to her.

Shutting her door Cinder let out a startled gasp as her young new head thaumaturge, Galen, stood before her. He was a young well enough looking guy- olive toned skin and dark brown hair matched with some nice hazel eyes. Iko certainly  had taken a liking to him.

He smiled a classy heartwarming smile to her and held out his hand, "Your Majesty, we are ready to part for the lumber district for the big announcement." Cinder nodded curtly and walked holding her head high as she passed the guards overly aware of Thaumaturge Galen walked closely beside her.

"Cinder, relax you're in your own castle." he leaned in and whispered and Cinder did relax a bit.

It wasn't often people called her Cinder anymore and she actually missed it. It was these moments when she could count on Galen as a friend because stars knew she needed more in the palace walls.

"Oh of course let me do that after I make this big announcement and know for a fact the people won't be angered and mad."

She turned her head enough to see him flash a grin, "well your Majesticness, as long as you can sleep at night it will be a success- AND you should be able to considering you are the Queen with the most comfortable mattress in the kingdom, oh and people who can just trick your mind into sleeping I might add."

Cinder rolled her eyes laughing. Yep Galen was a good friend to have around and he certainly reminded her of Thorne in a way.

Galen laughed along side her and grabbed her hand spinning her like in a formal ball dance and bowing. Cinder laughed harder her nervousness slipping away but then everything went silent as footsteps approached. 

Cinder watched Galen's expression turn to horror and he ducked down, Yep Cinder knew she didn't want to turn around because as much as she knew it was near impossible she knew from the look on Galen's face and the familiar pounding of Earth shoes that it was him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai stared in shock- Who the heck was he?? And what the heck gave him the right to guide Cinder through the halls like some sort of boyfriend and on top of that spin her like in a dance!?

Kai tapped his foot waiting for Cinder to turn around and look at him. And oh just great several guards and servants were staring at the three.

"Queen Selene-" Kai started only to be cut off by Cinder who was turning around and stars even looking like a startled puppy was a good look for her.

"Kai, Wha-" Kai raised his hand to silence her and for once it actually worked on Cinder, Kai had to hide his smile that for once Cinder was obedient because darn he was mad- no it was anger and the ugly green emotion itself.

"I would request a private meeting with you your highness...after this little affa.." Kai couldn't finish the sentence because he didn't want to say it. He silently prayed she would deny it and have a good explanation or at least have the sense to lie if it was true and she was having a little well you know.

Cinder only nodded and Kai frowned. Just great. GREAT.